Chapter 22

Chapter 22! Wow, time passes! Anyways, sorry it's a little short!

Loki and I were silent. He wasn’t looking at me. I wasn’t looking at him. And the tension in the air was ever present. “Tell me how you feel about me.” Loki gently commanded me. I sighed, finding a bench and sitting down.

I had to tell him. Loki and I couldn’t dance around this anymore. We were too far gone to pretend nothing had happened, that nothing was there. Or at least I was. “I like you Loki. I-I like you a lot.” He didn’t move, he didn’t say anything. “I’ve always like you.” There was that uncomfortable silence again. And it was starting to annoy me. “Say something.”

He chuckled. So I tell him how I feel and he laughs at me? What was that? Loki was turning out to be the biggest asshole ever today. I stood up, fully intending on leaving. He noticed and turned to grab my arm. “Where are you going?”

“If you’re going to laugh at me, I won’t stay here.” I was insulted, to say the least.

“I was not laughing at you. I was laughing at our situation.” He reassured me. He let go of my arm and sat down on the bench. “I have always admired you Noelle. Always.” He was speaking softly now. “From the day I first saw you in Asgard. You were such a beautiful creature, so mysterious and curious. From the moment I saw you, I admired you. I wanted to know more.” Loki said all this looking into his hands. “But I didn’t think you were any different from other women, in a sense. I had admired many women. But I saw your intellect. You are quite intelligent.” He looked up at me. “And I respected you. There are few people I respect.”

He stood up then, graceful and smooth. He walked over to me slowly, quietly, and stood right in front of me, so close that I had to look up. “And then I watched you. You were compassionate. You were brave. And I realized that my respect had turned to something else. Love.” I held my breath. “I’m in love with you Noelle.” We were so close now. “You do not know how I long to hold you.” He whispered. I was still stock still, shocked at what he was telling me. Loki was telling me he was in love with me. His hand came to my face caressing it, his thumb brushing my lower lip. “How I long to kiss you. And how much it kills me that I can’t.” He backed away.

I snapped out of my trance. “What do you mean, you can’t? I thought you weren’t married anymore?” I blurted out, not thinking. His face went white.

“Who told you?” Loki’s voice was sharp now, all softness gone from it. “Tell me Noelle.”

I shook my head. “Rumours fly Loki. You do not thinking people would not hesitate to whisper about it? Especially when they already assume we are courting each other.”

I saw his figure crumple a bit. “They should not have told you. They know nothing of what happened.” Loki sat down again, his head in his hands. He looked so sad, so broken. It broke my heart.

“Loki.” I sat down next to him, putting my arms around his shoulders, hugging him to me. He tried to push me away. “Don’t.” He removed his hands from his face, then tried to pry me away. “Don’t push me away Loki.”

“I can’t…” He started to say, when I put a finger to his mouth.

“Just let me help you. Let me comfort you.” I pulled him back to me. He didn’t resist this time. “Tell me what happened.”

“How much do you know?” He asked, his voice shaky, almost scared. I had never seen Loki so vulnerable.

“I know you’re son died. And that you and Sigyn were unhappy, and you annulled your marriage.”

“Then you do not know how he died.” I shook my head. “No one knows but Sigyn and I.” I nodded. I didn’t push him. He didn’t have to tell me if he didn’t want to. I was about to tell him so when he continued talking. “Sigyn was out of control. We were unhappy in our marriage. I regretted marrying her, and she knew it. I think she knew I stayed for Nari.” He smiled bitterly at the thought of his son. “She longed for another child, assuming it would fix our marriage. But Sigyn could not convince me of her idea. So she began seeing a dark sorceress, Saga. We still have not been able to apprehend her.” He added. “Sigyn began dabbling in darker magic, which made her unstable. She was fueled by emotion, which made her dangerous to be around. I kept Nari with me constantly, to protect him. And then one day I couldn’t find him.” Loki began to shake violently. “When I did-” He broke off, his voice tight.