-4-

2nd week, Tuesday

(Name)'s scream filled the room, chilling everyone to the bone. (Name) released her grip on the knife, and held her arm where the terrifying pain was, though had already spread throughout her arm. Soon, blood slowly trickled down her hand and into the floor.

The person took this as an chance and scrambled out of the room.

Everyone crawled out from under the tables and stared at the arrow that had dug deeply into the flesh of her arm. (Name) wondered why or how someone would use a bow.

Amao appeared from the back, looking shaken. There was some blood wiped on his apron, and there was a slight cut on his throat and his wrists. He leaned against the wall for support, as his legs didn't seemed to be working.

She loudly stood up. The blood started dripping again. Carefully she took a shaky step forward, then another and another. (Name) was alright waist below, but where her right arm was bloody hellish pain.

She didn't dare move her arm, worried that if she did it would dig the arrow only deeper. (Name) walked to Amao, helping him to steady himself. The girls still all stood shocked. She quietly cursed them for being so useless.

(Name) and Amao worked together to get down the hallway, then the same plucking sound happened again. Then there was another pain in her back. She stood stiff for a moment, grinned her teeth and went along with Amao.

After what seemed like forever, they arrived at the nurse's office.

Then (Name) blacked out.

Your POV + Time Skip

"Ugh, where am I? " I muttered to myself. All around me where white curtains, which seemed odd. The mattress I lied on was comfy, though uncomfortable at the and time. Does that make sense? I looked to my right...

There was an arrow that almost went through my entire arm, at least halfway. I held my breath, my heart dropped into my stomach, my stomach twisted into painful knots, and many other feelings I couldn't describe. I took a deep breath, but my chest hurt and that didn't help much.

What the duck had happened?

Then it all can back to me. How today was the festival, Amao Odayaka, and the unknown killer. Kokona was dead, I remembered. Slowly a smile creeped up into my lips.

Haha! She was finally dead, she was the one who ruined my life! She had confessed to my senpai, stolen him from me. And now she's dead! A giggle escaped me. Geez, I thought to myself, I'm still insane...

The curtains slid open, revealing the nurse and Amao, who was now patched up and alright. The nurse breathed a HUGE sigh of relief.

"You're alright, at least for now. What's your name?" He asked in his gentle soothing voice. I calmed down slightly, and told him my name. He smiled. "Well (Name), you're a hero to this school. Many others could be dead if it wasn't for you! Now, get some rest."

The nurse left, but Amao stayed. He sighed sadly.

"The nurse said that it could take a couple of weeks, or even a month until you're fully healed. I'm sorry, I should've kept you with me. I should've kept you safe." He stroked my hair unconsciously. I looked at him curiously.

We just met, I had thought, Why are you so attached to me already? I was ready to ask those exact questions when a sudden wave nausea hit me. I closed my eyes and fell asleep uncomfortably.

3rd POV

Amao sat there for some time, watching her sleep peacefully. He hadn't been able to give her the cookies he had made for her in the time she was out. He had been waiting worried for about an hour, after he had been fixed.

(Name) didn't know that Amao had always admired her for her courage and kindness. Before he knew it, Amao had fallen for her. But once he saw that his crush was hurt, his legs had gone weak. He loved how her long hair flicked when she looked away embarrassed, or how she seemed happy all the time.

He leaned forward and gently kissed her on her forehead before leaving.

As he strolled through the halls, he remembered how soft her hair was, and how silky smooth her skin was. Amao nearly slapped himself. Don't think like that! He thought.

Returning to the maid cafe was hard for him, without (Name) there he felt useless. Amao wanted to keep making cakes or/and cookies for her to eat while she's healing. He wanted to be the one to take care of her, not the nurse.

He made some cake batter, put it into the pan and into the oven in less than ten minutes. Then he sat down on the floor, behind the counter where no one would know he was there. Amao gently touched the patch on his throat, where the killer had scratched.

Amao chuckled to himself once he remembered how he had held up the whisk in defense. Then he had absolutely nothing with him, except a pan. He should've grabbed that and knocked out the person before he could get to his (Name).

Deciding to take a walk, he quickly scribbled down a note and left the kitchen quietly. Once outside, he walked through the garden maze. He could smell the sweet scent of the flowers. He was, once again, reminded of (Name).

She had a sweet vanilla scent to her that made all of his worries disappear in one instant. He had smelt that scent before. A perfume, he had assumed. Though the smell was nearly killing him with curiosity of where he knew it, it made him feel better!

He took a right and sighed.

Another dead end! Amao turned around when he noticed a manga lied down on the ground. He quickly strolled over to it and picked it up gently. He read the title and blushed almost immediately.

What was a hentai manga doing lying around the school?!

He threw it back to it's original spot and quickly exited the maze. Along the way, he remembered the picture that was in the front cover and pictured it with (Name). Amao blushed intensely before slapping himself.

I'm a creep, aren't I?