Morgan Rielly - Part Twelve

En başından başla

I walk back into my room, bringing the phone with me as I make my way into the closet.

"How many days will you be in Pittsburgh?" Nick asks.

"Three, which is surprising. The boys have a game in Buffalo on Thursday and we fly to Pittsburgh that night, and then they don't play the Pens until Saturday and we leave Sunday morning. It's a weird schedule," I shake my head as I search for my jersey and a pair of shorts.

"The boys," Nick says quietly and I glance back at the screen.

"What?"

"You said 'the boys'."

"Well they are boys," I frown at him, not getting his point.

Nick clears his throat and looks back at me. "It just sounded different that the other times you addressed them, before it was the Leafs, or you just called them Toronto."

I eye him for a moment and then go back to searching.

"You just sound comfortable it all I'm trying to get at," Nick quickly adds, taking my silence a different way apparently. "I'm glad."

"Oh," is all I say as I finally find my jersey and promptly drop my towel.

"Oh no, now I really miss you," Nick groans and a flush runs through my body.

"Get over it pretty boy," I laugh as I pull his jersey over my head and pull on my shorts as gracefully as I can.

Nick sighs and I throw him a wicked smile.

"You never play fair," he complains.

"Oh, don't even," I accuse, "you just got done complaining that I didn't think your hair was sexy."

"I just wanted you to lust over me for a few minutes!"

"Lust over yourself, Nicholas," I say flipping off the light of my bedroom and sliding into bed. The light of my phone making me squint a bit. "Time for bed."

"Fine," Nick drawls out, a playful pout in place that makes me smile. "I love you," he whispers.

"I love you. Goodnight," I whisper back and he winks before ending our call.

I lay in bed a few minutes after putting my phone under my pillow. For once, everything seems perfect. Until I remember Morgan.

I'm attracted to him. Too attracted. But I'm still attracted to Nick, and I'm in a relationship with him. The longest relationship I've ever been in. But so far, it seems Morgan doesn't reciprocate the same attraction and that's okay. That's ideal in fact. The last thing I need is to let my guard down and end up doing something I would regret.

Sleep comes easy and when it comes, it comes hard.

I sleep through my alarm and only when my phone rings for the third time do I wake up.

"Hello?" I grumble into the phone, trying to wipe the sleep from my eyes.

"Are you still sleeping?" Morgan's voice comes through to me and I sit straight up in bed.

I glance at the curtains and see the bright rays of the morning sun shining through.

"Oh no," I groan and scramble out of bed and tear down the hallway.