Chapter One - The Beginning

Our story starts off on a typical day at Sir Frederick Banting Secondary School. The time is 10:59 am, which means the school's lunch hour has just begun. In the freshly painted halls, we hear the voices of seven friends, each yelling at each other. Their names are Clark, Fiona, Trisha, Molly, John, Ricardo, and Mark. And with that, our story beings.

"NO GUYS WE CAN'T LEAVE THE GARBAGE!" Mark yelled, a tall brunet who seemed to be the serious type. "I'M NOT GONNA TOUCH IT!" Fiona, a short and sassy brunette replied. "WELL SOMEONE HAS TO." Trisha, the smiley one, yelled. "Not it." said Ricardo, the innocent of the group. "Not it!" replied everyone except Clark. "Not- ugh, fine I'll do it." sighed Clark, the unlucky one of the group for sure.

Now, in case you are confused, our group of friends, soon to be our group of heros, had all went to go sit in their usual lunch spot upstairs, only to find it covered in garbage. This garbage consisted of rotting food that was so gross it could have been well over a thousand years old, old, very old, crumpled up papers, and rocks. Although it stank, our friends were desperate to have their normal spot for lunch. Clark rustled up the garbage, the look of disgust evident on her face (yes Clark is a her). "Ewwww guys this is so gross." she whined. "Calm down Clark it's just garbage." Fiona snapped. "Then why don't you clean it up." Clark snapped back, and with that Fiona let Clark be.

"There, now was that so hard?" Molly, the motherly one, sassed. Clark glared at Molly, then proceeded to plop down on the couch and take out her lunch, the others following suit. "Where is everyone else?" Trisha wondered aloud. The group looked around and realized Trisha was right, while on most days the hallways where the seven friends ate were full of people on their way to their own lunch spots, today everyone seemed to have ... disappeared. "Hmh, maybe everyone decided to just all leave at once after second period to go to something." said John, the pouty hipster. "Oh shoot, is there somewhere we're supposed to be?" Molly asked. There was a slight pause, before John spoke up. "Meh, who cares, if it were really important then we'd be there." Little did they know, that had been their last chance to escape, for seconds later they heard a crash from down the hall.

"Holy heck what was that!!" Fiona said, startled. "Meh, who cares." John said. "If there was a bang, does that mean that there was someone there to make the bang?" Ricardo asked. "Why do you guys care if there are people in the school or not? Maybe there is a thing going on and someone else forgot about it too, it's not our problem" John said, mumbling towards the end. "Aw no but what if they're a little ninth grader all on their own? We should go find them and take them in." Molly fretted. "Take them in? This isn't the apocalypse, were just missing something that might not even exist. This isn't the end of times here guys." protested John.

There was another bang, this time worrying the entire group. "OK maybe we should go figure out what that was." John said, with the others nodding in fearful silence. "Not it." six voices all yelled "Not- Shoot." Clark, the last one to say not it, therefore it, lazily got up from her spot on the hallway floor and headed down to the science hallway to find out what was making the noise.

After about five minutes, there had been no sight of Clark, and the remaining six friends began to worry.

"Maybe we shouldn't have left her alone." Trisha said, worried. "Yeah, maybe someone should go check on her-" Molly started, but was cut off by the sound of a shriek, coming from the science hallway.