He relished that gorgeous blush on her face as he leaned in to whisper huskily in her ear, "How much I couldn't wait to see you today."

Hermione couldn't help it as her eyes closed and her skin tingled at the vibrations of his voice in her ear. Holy shit, I think I just got a little bit pregnant.

Her voice came out rough and shaky. "Is that so?"

He nodded, nearing closer, his breath ghosting on her cheek. "Mm-hm. Even after I spent a very uncomfortable morning begging my poor house elves to take money from me. Poor little devils."

Hermione giggled and turned to him shyly. "You did that for me?"

He grinned. "Impressed?"

She bit her lip, "I might have spent the morning reading up on Quidditch to impress you."

Draco's face broke out in a self-satisfied smirk as he released the quip he desperately wanted to throw at her their first meeting a few weeks ago (give or take a few suggestive modifications), "My, my Professor Granger. I'm so very glad to see you're still such a little swot."

His eyes followed the movement as her tongue flicked out to wet her lips. So mesmerized was he by that delicate pink tongue, he barely noticed when the Slytherin team was announced.

"IT LOOKS LIKE THE SLYTHERIN TEAM IS READY TO GO TO BATTLE, WITH THEIR NEW SEEKER, AIDEN THRASHER!"

Draco reluctantly leaned away from Hermione and joined the applause. As much as Draco loved a good Quidditch match, he liked flirting with the curly haired witch next to him even more.

"WEASLEY'S GOT THE QUAFFLE. OH NO! SLYTHERIN'S BACA JUST INTERCEPTED. BACA PASSES TO FLAVIN, FLAVIN LOOKS TO BE GOING FOR THE GOAL...SCORE FOR SLYTHERIN!"

Draco leaned in. "So out of curiosity, what did you learn?"

Hermione faced him with a confused expression on her face.

"You said you read up on Quidditch to impress me. Well, now's your chance Professor. I'm all ears." He grinned cockily looking every inch the Slytherin Prince.

Hermione bit her lip to fight her own grin. "I learned that Quidditch is about friendship and teamwork, that you should never play rough, and that Tom and Sarah think it's the best game in the whole wide world."

Now it was Draco's turn to be confused. It wasn't possible to play Quidditch without being rough. And who were these Tom and Sarah people?

Hermione laughed. "Madam Pince thought she'd be cheeky when I asked for a Quidditch reference for beginners and she gave me a children's coloring book."

Draco couldn't fight the laughter that took over his body. "That is the single most wonderful thing I've ever heard in my life!"

"—Nice—"

"—And I'm including the birth of my son in that!"

Hermione rolled her eyes, grinning in spite of herself. "I'm so glad my humiliation is amusing to you."

Draco shook his head, grinning impishly. "You wanted to impress me? Well I'm impressed. I'm oh so very, exceedingly impressed, Professor Granger. Ten points to Gryffindor." He was rather proud of himself that he managed to joke and play with her after all the humiliations he'd suffered through to get to this point with her. He wondered why he had ever felt shy around her before.

Hermione narrowed her eyes at him playfully. "That's my job Mr. Malfoy."

Draco's grin melted into a near moan as his cock twitched in his pants. Oh yeah. That's why.

"SLYTHERIN BEATER FITCH APPEARS TO BE CONFUSED. OI, FITCH, THE LADS IN THE GREEN ARE ON YOUR TEAM! YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOCK THEM OFF THEIR BROOMS."

Hermione, Longbottom, and Slughorn all immediately began to chortle under their breath. Draco had the sudden sensation of being on the outside of an inside joke. "What's so funny?" he asked Hermione.

She rolled her eyes. "As unprofessional as it is to admit it, Fitch is...well...he's..."

Neville interjected. "He's the dumbest kid in the entire bloody castle. I swear he's part troll."

Hermione lightly smacked him on the arm. "Neville, that's not nice." She blinked a few beats. "But yes."

Slughorn chuckled, "You know he never made it past first year Potions? He's a sixth year now, so we just agreed to allow him to drop it from his schedule, but nevertheless for five years I'm not sure the boy even registered the difference between mandrake leaves and unicorn hairs."

Neville added. "He can't remember my name so he calls me Professor Lickbottom...which...might actually be sexual harassment now that I think about it."

Hermione's face looked slightly pained. "He raised his hand in class the other day and asked me how to spell 'orange.'"

"FITCH! WAKE UP YOU OAF! HOW ARE YOU EVEN...?" The announcer sighed. "I CAN'T. I JUST...OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. FITCH!!! YOU HALF-WIT SON OF A TWO-KNUT TROLL HOOKER, WAKE UP!"

The Slytherin Beater woke with a start, enthusiastically whirling his broom into the hair and knocking the Bludger backwards.

"Oh Gods no...DUCK!!!!" Hermione's Auror reflexes rallied as the rogue Bludger came whizzing towards the Faculty/Donor stand.

"REDUCTO!"

The Bludger exploded just as it nearly made contact with Draco's head.

All Draco could hear was a high-pitched ringing in his ears as he slumped to the ground. Just before his eyes closed he saw Hermione hovered over him, eyes wide with concern, and the sun shining behind her back making her look like a Valkyrie.

He might have been the only person to have ever passed out with a smile on their face.