Two Meals

Scorpius stabbed at his potatoes in frustration. He was more than a bit concerned as to why Professor Granger wasn't in the Great Hall for dinner. He always found her presence rather calming, watching her dab at her mouth delicately with her napkin. She had the table manners of a baby deer. And also she was just so great to look at.

He prayed to the gods above that her absence had nothing to do with his father's sudden appearance in the castle while he forcefully prodded at the roast beef on his plate.

"Alright there, mate?" Albus Potter inquired.

"Hm?"

"You're a bit broody. You look like your dad when he's forced to interact with my dad."

Scorpius scoffed. "Do not bring up my dad."

Monica Flint, a Slytherin girl in the same year as Scorpius and Albus spoke up. "What about your dad, Scorpius?"

"Nothing."

Monica smirked. "I'd so do him."

Scorpius groaned. "So you've said, Mon. Multiple times. As has just about every other girl in our year."

Monica shrugged her shoulders. "He's fit."

Scorpius and Albus rolled their eyes. Scorpius spoke. "I'm in no mood to hear about how fit my dad is."

Another Slytherin boy, Simon Jenkins raised an eyebrow and inquired, "Are you ever, mate?"

"No I'm not ever in the bloody mood to hear how fit my bloody father is. That's disgusting. He's my dad!"

Simon and Monica raised their eyebrows and returned their gaze to their food.

Albus, who seldom felt awkwardness in social situations, spoke candidly. "You know, Scorp, perhaps I'm absolutely fucking stupid for imagining it, but it seems like you're rather upset about something...I don't know...maybe to do with your dad. What happened? Did you guys have a fight or something?"

Scorpius sighed. "No we didn't fight. We never fight. It's just that...you've never seen my dad be...I don't know...awkward around a woman before have you?"

Albus answered. "No, that's you. You're the awkward one."

Scorpius rolled his eyes.

Albus continued. "Your dad on the other hand is a master at chatting up birds. Has them eating out of his hand. And he never even seems to care." Albus shook his head in awe. "Bloody inspiring."

"Exactly. Women like my dad. He just never seems to like them back."

Albus squinted his eyes. "And this bothers youuu....why? In the market for a new mummy? Or maybe he's just bent. Another daddy perhaps?" This earned a snigger from Simon.

Scorpius rolled his eyes. "Don't be a prat, Al. My dad's not bent. In fact, I just saw...I don't know. He showed up here today to talk to McGonagall about some total bollocks thing to do with the armchairs in our Common Room and...I don't know. I saw him with Professor Granger, and—"

"FIT," Simon interjected.

Scorpius scoffed. "Yeah. I know. She's bloody fit. Just like my dad apparently." He shoved his food away from him. "Seeing him around her...I don't know. I got the feeling he thinks she's fit too."

Albus snorted. "Doubt that. They hated each other in school."

"Then why did I see him today outside her office with his hands on her tits?"