Cock Blocks...Cock Blocks Everywhere

The two men looked at each other with disdain and confusion. Ron narrowed his eyes and cocked his head, slightly slack-jawed at the presence of the blond man. In that moment, Hermione entered from the foyer.

"That should do it for a bit. Ron! Susan!"

"Hey Hermione!" Ron's eyes travelled to the couch and settled on Draco. "Someone care to tell me what Malfoy is do—"

"He's here for Hermione. Let me take your coats," Ginny responded with ease. It was from her that Albus inherited his absolute refusal to acknowledge awkwardness in social situations.

Ron and Susan seated themselves on a loveseat directly apart from Hermione and Draco. Draco found his courage and put an arm around Hermione, pulling her closer to him on the couch. Marvel of masculinity, Draco. Marvel of fucking masculinity.

"Sooo. I didn't know the two of you..." Ron motioned between Hermione and Draco.

"It's new." Hermione responded quickly, tucking herself into her wine glass.

Harry rolled his eyes. "Let's get this over with. Ron...you don't like Malfoy. Malfoy...you don't like Ron. And yet here you both are seated in my home drinking my booze. Draco and Hermione are keeping it 'discreet'," he turned to face Malfoy who gave him a thumbs up, "because she teaches his son and his son's got a big fat boner for her." Draco and Hermione both made a face, ignored by Harry who turned to Draco. "Yes, Ron and Hermione dated for about two months like fifteen years ago. But we all barely remember that because it was just the most uncomfortable thing we've ever had to witness in our lives."

"Thanks Harry," Hermione said rolling her eyes.

"No I mean like you guys had no chemistry. Like none. I mean it was painful to wat—"

"Yeah, I know. I was there too. Thanks." Hermione cut him off. "The point Harry is so flippantly trying to make is that the war is long over and there's no reason we can't all get along."

Ginny took her seat. "Let's talk about something more interesting. Isn't it just so interesting that Hermione and Draco are seeing each other?"

Hermione shook her head, fighting the urge to bury her face in her hands. Draco shifted slightly next to her and smoothed a soothing finger delicately on her shoulder, causing her to make brief eye contact with him.

He grinned at her pretty blush. Merlin, he could really get used to making her do that. And she looked completely edible tonight, wearing a red silky blouse that complimented her skin tone and a pair of cropped black cigarette trousers which hugged her figure beautifully. And she smelled so good. He could make out notes of bergamot and gardenia in her perfume, which was having a rather stirring effect on his body. Thank Merlin that bloody portrait shut the hell up.

"Yeah how'd that happen by the way? No offense Malfoy, but you've always been a prick and if you have any redeeming qualities, I've never been made aware of them." Ron inquired.

Draco frowned. "How exactly am I supposed to not take offense to that?"

Hermione interjected. "You know Draco's son is at Hogwarts too. Well we had a slight incident with him and Draco came up to the school—"

"Hitting on your son's teacher? Whew, Malfoy that is some classy shit there." Ron grinned into his wine glass.

Draco longed to throw a quip back at him...or maybe just a punch. But for Hermione's sake he bit his tongue and was privately extremely grateful to Susan, who nudged Ron in the ribs. Ron's grimace and his muttering of "Ow woman" under his breathe was less than inconspicuous.