ONE

It's a bright shining day with wild mustangs running on the open fields. Dust laying heavy at their feet. The nature here is so much different than the life in town. Cars everywhere and people. All a sign of technology and money. Bicycles travelling down the streets. Kids eating ice cream and babies playing more with their candy than chewing on it.

Don walk into the kitchen of his house taking a seat being on the phone as his young wife of five years put his coffee infront of him.

"Okay, I understand. Well me and Sarah really want to see you soon." Don said talking to his daughter as the blonde role her eyes taking a seat. "Okay bye. Love you."

"So?" Sarah asked folding her arms waiting for the man to speak. "What did she say?"

"Oh she can't come. She's thinking on joining the horse races so she needs training etcetera." Don replied taking a sip of his coffee. He look back up at her. "Maybe we should go spend a weakend on the farm. I'll call Baby at ask her permission. It's been a while since we've been there."

"Well you go alone then. I hate that place. The disgusting smell in morning and the horrible noice disturbing my beauty sleep." She said dramatically as Don just pull in his lips looking away unhappily.

On the western side Baby walk up to her daughter that was brushing the horse's hair in dreamland.

"Hey, what's the thoughts about?" Baby asked drawing Sherley's attention.

"Dad asked me to go visit him and Sarah but I said no because I'm training to get in the horse races." She replied making her horse, Polly ready to go walking with.

"You're gonna make him come searching for you." Baby smiled climbing over the fence sitting on the top wooden layer. "And when he does, what are you gonna say to him then?"

"That I hate his wife." She replied sarcastically climbing on her horse.

"What did she do to you that made you turn against her?" Baby asked desperately looking at her daughter that always had a way to keep her busy.

"She has no respect mom. She think she's better than everyone when she's actually nothing else besides a useless retart. Plus I love my life here with you and I don't need other's to tell me what to love." She replied as Baby climb off the fence opening the gate for her. "Plus, all they want is for me to become one of those kids that's so burried into technology and get hooked up with drugs but I'll past that. Nobody's telling my how to live my life."

Before Baby could say anything back to her she was out of there in a rush. She gave a big smile carrying proud and love. She may not have any man but her daughter is more than enough for her and Sherley knows exactly how her mother feels. Sherley runs faster than the wind takes her into the open. Soon she let Polly run slower taking a deep breath of the air around her. She rub the horse's neck checking out the wild mustangs.

"Look at how free they are." She said in a whisper to her horse. "They look so happy."

Later she came home kind of late when the sun was about to go down. She walk into the house as her mother came walking unhappily to her.

"They want the farm." Baby said unhappily taking a seat at the table. "If I don't give them the amount of money they want they're kicking us out."

"What? They can't do that." Sherley said shocked about to cry. Baby sighed placing her face in her hands.

"Yeah well we have six months." Baby said sitting back back. Sherley look down unhappily waiting for more bad news or a better day. "I'll go to town tomorrow to see what there is I can do. Maybe get a loan."

"I'll help..." sherley started but got cut off.

"No it's alright. They won't take this place and I'll make sure of that." Baby said proudly folding her arms. "Just don't tell your dad."

"My lips are sealed." She promised.