Her Side

When i was six years old, I transferred here in Manila to study, I was from our province, Pangasinan. I studied there until the first grading of the first grade.

And there I met many students, young students with different personalities,some are liberated at a young age, some are so noisy and did nothing but bully, but there's one thing that caught my attention. It's Hershey and Joseph.

Hershey likes him. Joseph's slightly handsome. Almost looking like a foreigner because he's so pale. And he's tall at young age.

She did everything for him.

She even talked to our teacher.

Ofcourse, our teacher would agree, she likes her because she's cute and chubby!

Joseph looks annoyed but can't do anything.

It lasted until we are in fourth grade. Hershey and I grew fond of each other. We became bestfriends but in fifth grade she transferred to a different school.That time I am crushing on Jace, he's famous, everybody thinks he is handsome, including me.

One day seat arrangements changed.

Joseph and I became seatmates.
Until Jace never entered my mind again, because Joseph's starting to conquer it.

"Nakapunta ka na sa Resort's World?" He asked. I know Resort's World, my Aunt's pretty rich so I've been to many places, I even experienced being in an Airplane, but heck, I've never been in that place, nadadaanan lang.

"Oo" I answered.

"Kung nakapunta ka na, hulaan mo, may zipline dun o wala?" Me being a smart kid, I answered yes. Itatanong niya ba yon kung wala?

"Ah, nakapunta na nga." That's the last thing we talked about that I remember.

Finally! I'm in sixth grade, but we became seatmates again, We've been classmates for five years already.

And every two years we became seatmates, well that's what I've noticed.

That time I slightly forgot about him because of my transferee classmate.

Our gay teacher has been hitting on him like hey, you are too old for Joseph and his just on sixth grade for everyone's sake, he is our Math teacher.

He changed, he looked different, he's a lot more handsome, he surpassed Jace and his Gang.

We became close, we always talk about Nat, the transferee, well he's my crush. I told him  how awkward it is when we're close and we don't even talk to each other. Joseph's the best in Math, he even entered contests and won. But Nat, he's just the best among the best. They're not that close but they always talk to each other, well maybe they're close. But, they are rivals.

"Hoy, crush ka daw ni JB!" I said pertaining to our gay classmate. "Nice, lakas hatak sa gays, pati teacher at mga tao sa iba't-ibang section! Haha."

He didn't answer, he's always quiet, well he's just the nasa-loob-ang-kulo guy, he's a little bit kind and we always talk.

We laughed, we don't know why but we just laughed at each other.

We practically became bestfriends, well that's what I thought because we practically knew each other's secrets.

We chat a lot. He sends me a lot of memes of politicians, animes, celebrities. And I laughed a lot.

Until November came, the whole school is preparing about the event this coming December, we'll be acting about Jesus' life.

Joseph's one of the kings. And I am a choir.

I became close to my co-choirs. And they're all talking about him, how handsome he qis.

One day they asked me.

"Diba close kayo, pakitanong kung bakit di niya ko in-accept sa fb." And followed and followed and followed by many girls who want to know him, they all asked me.

"Psst, nagtatanong yun si Honey" and I pointed at Honey, she's a girl, it's her name. "Bakit daw di mo in-accept friend request niya?"

"Di ko siya kilala."

"Ngayon kilala mo na siya paki-accept na siya." And I pointed at the other girls. " Ayun si Mich, si Jacky, si Valerie..." and so on. "Please, accept their friend requests."

He left me there.

Today, we have a practice again, Honey and the other girls are thanking me because Joseph accepted their friend requests. Practice ended and time to study.

"Baka lumaki ulo mo niyan andaming nagkakagusto sa'yo!" We just laughed at each other and caught the eye of other classmates looking at us.

I know why.

Because I am so obvious.

So obvious that they knew that I like him.

Enrollment for high school came and we enrolled in the same school. I was so happy that I am in the first section with my other friends, but he fell on the second section.

Firat day of  school came and I was so stunned because I was transferred to the second section.

That time we are still close, we do what unusual just-a-friend thingy, we are, I can touch his hair, whisper on his ears and eat with him.

One day, my friends and I played a game. And I was dared, I was dared to reveal who my crush is. They pinched me, and I screamed his name, "Joseph Hidalgo!" I didn't know it was recorded, I'm so stupid. They let him hear it. And his reaction was nothing. Nothing!

We became awkward

We are distant to each other.

Right there I  know, it's friendship over.