Chapter 1

"Baby?" Dallon asked, just before they went on stage.

"Yeah?" Brendon asked, looking around to make sure no one heard the nickname. If Zack heard Dallon calling him that, they'd never hear the end of it.

"Good luck." Dallon said, smiling as he picked up his bass and put the strap around himself. Brendon matched his expression, his eyes squinting as he grinned up at the tall bassist.

"Thanks Dal. You too." Brendon said, and he only hesitated for a second before he stood on his tiptoes and pressed a quick kiss to Dallon's lips. Dallon kissed him back, but Brendon pulled away when he heard the other band members coming around the corner.

"It's showtime!" Kenny yelled, skipping out to the stage door. Spencer followed, and Zack walked behind them.

Brendon and Dallon followed them, waiting for Zack to tell them to take the stage.

This whole 'stage-gay' thing had been happening for two years now. It started almost as a joke; Brendon just messing with the new guy. He just wanted to mess with Dallon and see how he reacted. He was kind of surprised when Dallon played along. It had sort of grown from there; the crowd loved it, and before they knew it, 'brallon' was becoming more and more popular.

It had always just been a joke. Until it wasn't.

Their stage antics began to progress. They went from singing into the same mic, to kissing on stage. They went from quick touches, to groping each other. They could barely keep their hands off of each other on stage.

It was almost like an excuse. Being on stage gave them a scapegoat.

"Dude, you and Dallon were getting a little steamy today on stage." Zack said one night, after Brendon had kissed Dallon as Dallon grabbed his ass.

"It's just stage stuff, dude. It's for the fans." Brendon said. But he didn't know how true that was. The thing was, he actually enjoyed doing those things with Dallon. He could lie to Zack, he could lie to Kenny... but he couldn't lie to himself. He couldn't lie about the fact that he'd popped a boner on stage a few times from Dallon touching him.

Sometimes their jokes even extended to their after parties. After a show, they'd all be hanging out, and Kenny or someone would make some kind of 'brallon' comment, and Brendon was quick to make some obscene gesture at Dallon. Dallon always just smiled and blushed, and did the same thing back.

Soon though, when they'd stop at hotels for a night and Brendon and Dallon roomed together, their jokes even took place when it was only the two of them. It wasn't until sometime during Vices, when they were making out on the bed, alone, that Brendon realized it might not be a joke anymore.

**

He didn't know who had initiated it. It had started when he started taking off his shirt to go to bed, and Dallon whistled at him. Brendon took this as his cue to strip for Dallon, and he swayed his hips as he threw his shirt at Dallon, who was sitting on one of the beds. Then he moved on to his pants, unzipping them slowly and making eye contact with Dallon, before he pulled them down to his ankles and kicked them off.

"Like what you see?" He teased Dallon, and Dallon rolled his eyes.

"Maybe I do." The older man said, and Brendon blushed.

There was a moment of tense silence, before Brendon followed his instinct and walked over to the bed where Dallon was sitting propped against the headboard. The taller man's eyes stayed glued to Brendon as he came closer. Brendon stopped right beside the bed, and Dallon just watched him.

"Dal.." Brendon said, one of his hands moving to rest on one of Dallon's shoulders. The bass player made eye contact with Brendon, his icy eyes meeting Brendon's coffee ones.