Ficlets & Extras

Start bij het begin

"(Very large boy, he is.)" she commented. Raphael pushed Donatello aside. The younger sibling stood up and stepped aside to allow the next brother to kneel before her.

"(We've noticed.)" Venus muttered, not out of the content of her comment but to the jittery, indecisive Raphael who was wondering whether or not to shake her hand. Mu's so much smaller than April or Angel ever was. What if he broke her hand? She's so old and adorable, what's a turtle to do? Mona urged him on by giving a crook of her head. Raphael gulped and slowly outstretched his hand.

"How'd ya do?" he asked slowly. Mu grasped his back. It was barely a touch as their intertwined hands shook once. He wasn't going to take the chance and retreated immediately.

"(Firm tone, gentle hands. Gentle giant, I believe he is.)"

"(You wouldn't know the half of it, Mu.)" The lizard girl joked. When he eyed him, she gave him a wink. With that notion, he felt a little better about himself and stood up for the next one in line. Maybe he should have stayed down there.

"(This-)" Before Venus could give an introduction, the youngest swooped in. His knee dragged along the dirt, back arched with arms spreading behind him. The boy took a second and bowed before her, placing his hands above her toes, letting them rest there.

"Michelangelo, dear angel and goddess!" he grovelled. Mu, much amazed and much confused, looked into this weird display of affection.

"(He called you a goddess.)" Mona hinted.

"(Now, this one's my favorite. I'll probably have to snatch him up for myself.)"

"(I don't know, he's the youngest out of all of us.)" She played along.

"(What do you mean? I'm still a little girl.)"

"(Indeed you are. We're just bringing them along before they have to go home. Leonardo also wanted to say goodbye.)" The turtle girl got behind her chair, gripping its wicker edge.

"(You are leaving? But you all just showed up!)"

"(Venus and I are sticking around for a short while,)" Mona's head cocked towards the green boys behind her. "(but the guys need to get back home.)" she elaborated. Suddenly, Mu became frantic.

"(Where is he? Where is my future son-in-law?)" she cried out. Venus lowered and shook her head. Mona called Leonardo over. He was hiding behind everyone else mostly because of her assumptions of him from the last time. Bashful, he was as he approached her. The older woman's guiding hands to come to her quickened his pace until he kneeled before her.

"(My dear boy, you leave me so soon?)" she asked, suddenly forgetting that he does not know a word she was saying. Silence. He looked up to Venus for some guidance. The girl nodded blatantly that could be translated to nod back. He did. "(Take care of your family and I wish you the best of luck on the other side of the world.)" she prayed, and then smiled. "(I'll watch over your turtle princess.)"

"She said she wishes you luck and to protect your family." Venus loosely translated. The blue banded terrapin grinned at her, then at Mu before giving her a quick, respectful bow.

"(I'd hate to leave right away, but the boys are limited on time above ground.)" Venus came from around the chair.

"(Above ground?)" she asked. What could she mean by that? "(Ah, well, I won't hold onto you children much longer.)"

~~~~~~~Sometime Later; In the fields w/ some school children ~~~~~~~

Just recently, the children were let out of their small schoolhouse to enjoy play in its backyard. The number of students grew slightly since the two girls were in class. Their schoolteacher was still at it and was thrilled that the two paid a visit and were interacting with the curious children. The older ones have seen or heard of the turtle girls but were mesmerised by the growing number of mutants. Others were so young they don't remember the girls and were completely in awe. At the moment, Raphael was sitting in a swarm of bouncy children. He dared not grab one, but let them wrestle all over his large body and grab him. Mona was there to help monitor the children as well as get her hair played with by some of them.