Chapter 9

Chapter 9

It wasn’t long after Breeana had walked through the portal that opened into the lower levels of Sar’s palace, when the two guards followed her through from the Deity Sanctuary. The potion she used was designed specifically for her by Ashrin many years ago during her espionage training.

As one would imagine, most sorcerers were more than adept in potion brewing, but Ashrin was a master of the craft. He could design anything from destination portals, to healing, to shifting, and was on the brink of a resurrection potion. Sar employed him for the purpose of designing these destination potions for Breeana, as well as for his own soldiers and spies. However, the deception potion Breeana consumed regularly without her knowledge was stumbled upon by Yung, and brewed in bulk on a frequent basis.

They carried Crush at the arm pits on either side while his knees dragged along the stone floor. His head and body hung limp from the pain of Breeana’s beating, yet he was still conscious judging from the moans and groans as his legs thumped into every stone step that lead up to Sar’s throne room. Breeana waited at the top of the spiral stone staircase as they approached.

“You,” she said in Sian, pointing at the guard who was the first to have gained consciousness at the sanctuary before Yung escaped, “You can stay. You bared witness to the sorcerer’s escape. You may take your leave,” she waved at the other as she grabbed Crush at the collar, rolling his body over that he now faced the ceiling. Turning swiftly toward the entrance leading to the vast throne room, she dragged him with ease.

Her posture was proud as she walked briskly toward her father’s voice that echoed louder as she became visible to those in the throne room.

Yet, she still felt the incident at the sanctuary nagging at her. She knew full well that she ignored her father’s orders, but had she not been there, would they have uncovered Yung’s betrayal? Surely they’d only be one step behind him now, as apposed to being oblivious?

Although.

Certain things may not have been bothering her, like Yung’s statement: “She’ll find out soon enough.”

It ate at her mind like nothing ever had. Laying eyes on Sar, she tried blocking it out. He was consulting with his advisors when she reached the centre of the room. Servants and employees alike were silenced and froze at the sight of her. Sar finally noticed her, and immediately his focus was upon her. His expression seemed welcoming at first, but then he noticed the body she so proudly dragged behind her.

Breeana swung and tossed Crush like a rag doll across the marble floor. He landed with a thud, rolled for two metres and hit the steps that rose to the throne, groaning once again. Sar now realized that she had disobeyed his instructions.

Where…have you been…” Sar growled as his rage built. Breeana paid his tone no mind. She stood, forcing a wicked smirk, with hands on her hips. Even with her rugged appearance, she still had her sex appeal.

“Why don’t you ask him,” she replied pointedly at Crush, who still rolled around delirious before the throne.

“I asked YOU!” Sar barked as he stood up from his throne. The room went dead silent. Not only was Sar’s word the law, the mere sound of his voice would send shivers down the spines of the bravest warriors. However, Breeana stood firm, as she had become accustomed to his tone over the years.

“Your trustworthy sorcerer has escaped into the Earth Realm. Found them trying to use the Deity portal. Took out all of your guards too. Think it’s time for some change in personnel, don’t you father?” Her reply was arrogant and sarcastic as always. Sar was accustomed to her as she was to him, so he shrugged off her tone for the time being.