"What? He looked too rich to be a psycho serial killer with his Rolex watch and his tux and all," he reasoned. It has to be Asher.

"You shouldn't have let him in."

"I am sorry. You go talk to this husband of yours and let me go back to making my crepes," with that Steve left me on my own.

I took a deep breath and walked to my room. A little part of me wanted to get out of here and not meet him but Asher deserved an explanation. A part of me still loved him and it has been long since I have seen him.

I would often catch glimpses of him on the newspaper front page. Asher and his dad resolved their indifferences. In fact the Hamiltons and Jones merged together to be one of the top three wealthiest companies in the world. There was quite a rave about it the newspapers. My disappearance was questioned by quite a lot of gossip magazines but Asher handled it quite well. He said I was finishing my bachelor's abroad which was quite true.

I was overwhelmed. I took a deep breath entering my room to find, Asher observing the photo frames on my desk. There were quite a few. One was of my parents, another one was of Sydney and I when we were young and two other ones I had of Asher and I at the wedding.

"You still have our wedding photographs?" he asked not looking at me.

"Yeah- they came out nice," I said lamely. All kinds of emotions were surging through me. A part of me wanted to go up to him and wrap my hands around him and kiss him. I missed him a lot. I was glad to see him. He was there in front of me, but I couldn't do anything about it. I was almost on the verge of crying.

Finally he looked up to me, walking towards me not breaking eye contact. He stopped in front of me took my hand in his, I let him as I was craving for his touch. He couldn't believe I was here, in front of him. "Armelle I missed you," he said quietly. He pulled me closer by my waist and kissed me. His lips were soft against mine, he was taking it slow as if he never wanted to let me go.

I was crying now, he stopped looking at me like he was guilty of something, "What happened? Did I do something wrong?"

"No- no- it's just I missed you a lot," I admitted.

"I missed you too Armelle," he hugged me tight against his chest. All the promises I made to myself to not see him were all out of my head. I lifted my head to see him staring at me with those emerald eyes. He kissed me again. This time it was more passionate and intense. I wrapped my legs around him while he lifted me up placing me on the bed, lying me down. We were hungry for each other, he unhooked my bra while I unbuttoned his shirt. Frustrated I ripped of his shirt revealing his well built body.

...........

I woke up to the smell of eggs and bacon being cooked and it instantly made me hungry. I looked at my table clock, it read 9:55 pm so I got up. Since I was naked I decided to wear a loose t-shirt and shorts. I went to the kitchen to see Asher cooking eggs and bacon.

"Great. I was about to wake you up," he said smiling at me. He handed me a plate which contained eggs bacon and some bread with peanut butter. "I was hungry and couldn't find anything around here. So I decided to cook us some breakfast since that was the easiest thing I could make."

"No it's alright. Steve usually cooks so I don't even know where all the things are kept," I took a big bite out of my sandwich.

"Steve is your roommate?"

"Yeah."

"He seems nice and very gay. I was glad to know that."

I laughed, "Seriously you were worried about that?"

"Hey I am just a guy," he reasoned.

We had our breakfast together while we talked about our lives. He asked me what I was up to now and how was I doing. I asked him about the business and his father. None of us mentioning what happened two years ago.

"How did you find me? I strictly told my parents and Sydney not to tell you about my whereabouts," I asked. I knew Asher was devastated after he got to know I was away. He became his old workaholic self. He would visit Sydney everyday to know where I was. Sydney would let him down every time and I was responsible for that. Later he went through a state where he used to drown his sorrows into alcohol. He gave up on everything.

"Sydney sent me an invitation to her baby shower a few days ago. I decided to congratulate her personally by going to her place and I also got a stroller for the baby."

"So you are the person who got her the most expensive stroller?" The day before Sydney was telling me how she got an expensive stroller as a gift from someone. She didn't mention the name since I told her not to me talk about Asher to me anymore.

"Uh I guess. Since I just ordered the best one in the market for the baby. Anyways, I went to her place to find her in the shower so I just sat there and waited. I saw something scribbled on a notebook lying open on the coffee table with your name on it. I couldn't help but pry, turns out it was your address which she wrote down to send you the invitation. Next thing I know I boarded my private jet and was on my way to here."

I wanted to be mad at Syd for being so careless but on the other hand I was glad. Meeting him made me feel better.

"I am sorry for everything Asher. I was a coward back then. I should have stayed. I should have been with you. You lost your baby too and not only that you got betrayed by your family too. I am sorry for being so selfish."

"No don't be. You were in some kind of trauma. Your actions were justified. I am sorry you had to go through this because of my family. I love you Armelle. I want you back and I promise to protect you from everything. Two years without you was horrible. I couldn't go through a day without missing you. I can't go back to being that person again."

I went through the same thing. I would cry myself to sleep every night. I missed everyone specially Asher. I didn't want to go back to being that person either.

"I can't get back to my old life Asher. I think you should move on. I can't-"

"No I am not going anywhere without you."

"I have my own life here. I can't just leave everything and go with you even if I want to. I am still not over the incident that happened to me. I used to get nightmares about that day. I just can't Asher-"

"Then I am moving here with you. We can start all over again."

As much as I would want for that to happen but I know it wasn't possible, "But you have your business and your dad there. You can't leave him behind." Mr. Jones was really old now. In fact he was mostly sick and needed someone by his side all the time.

"Then come with me. Or promise me after you are done graduating you will come back to Florida. I lost you once I can't afford to lose you again."

"I can't promise you that Asher. I am sorry."

................

Edited by nupur92