Chapter 33

- Mystery Shack-

3rd Person

"We need to do something!" Mabel cries out, feeling sad.

"I agree, but what are we gonna do? We need a plan to get her." Ford nerviously plays with his six fingers.

"And we don't know where she is right now." Stan adds.

"We need to investigate the outside of the shack, maybe we can find some tracks or even more." Dipper says to increase the hope of everybody.

He himself knew that everybodys nerves are on their highest points.

Mostly Fords are. It looks like he would explode now.

Now that one of the few people is gone and lost, maybe even worse, he is toatlly lost with his thoughts.

Stan of course knows that his brother just can't stand the fact, that his beloved one is gone.

"Me and Ford gonna go and search outside." He drags his brother outside.

Both after leaving the house stay silent for a bit. Then Stan speaks up.

"Well... what are we gonna do next genious?" He tries to make small talk.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK?! I DONT KNOW!!! I AM USELESS RIGHT NOW, (Y/N) IS OUT THERE, IN DANGER AND I CAN'T DO ANYTHING!" He bursts out of frustration.

Stan jumps a bit from the sudden reaction and watches Ford escalate. "Wow, sixer, stay calm, we will find her."

"How can you be so sure?" Ford drops his gaze to the ground, regretting ever leaving (Y/N) alone at night. Yes he was sleeping that night, but he could also have been in the loving room sorting his thoughts or even in the lab.

"Well, I mean I brought you back? So there is hope for (Y/N) to be found." Stan puts his hand onto Fords' shoulder to comfort him.

Ford deeply sighs. "Maybe you are right, but I feel bad."

"Was it you who kidnapped her?" Stan raises an eyebrow.

"No?" Ford looks up to his brother asking what he means.

"Then you don't need to feel bad. We'll find her and then you two can, I dunno, get married or something..." He drops his gaze and removes his hand from his shoulder.

Ford gets reddish around his nose and stays silent.

-meanwhile-

The two younger Pines twins search around the house for any suspicious hints for the kidnappers to have left.

"This is hopeless, those were specialists. They planned every little piece of what they have had to do..." Dipper panics.

"Bro, this isn't hopeless, there is hope in every little piece of the house! Like this little piece of wrapped candy. Uh that's Toffee." Mabels' face lit up at the thought of eating the candy.

"Wait, we have not Toffee here." He snatches the piece of candy from her hands.

"Hey! I found it, it's mine!" Mabel pouts at his dorky brother.

"Mabel, can't you see, this is the evidence we need! Nobody in this house ever ate Toffee nor any candy while we or (Y/N) were here." Dippers face lit up. "We found a clue! But, still it's unknown why this piece could be a clue..."

"Let's show it to grunkle Stan and grunkle Ford." Mabel races towards the door and slams it wide open.
"WE FOUND SONETHING!!!"

Both of the older men scare as their young and cheery niece shouts into they direction.

Not even processing it for that long, Ford powerwalks to her. "What did you find?" His excitement grows.

"CANDY!" Mabel shout happily.

"What?" Stan already went inside, passing the happy child. "We don't have candy here. I threw the pieces you two left from summerween away. And us two haven't bought any."

Dipper steps up to his grunkle and gives him the candy. "So this is evidence."

"But how are we gonna find the thief?"