Chapter 2

Belle's POV:

We open the last door and climb the stairs into the tower loft. I didn't care that there was an open bedroom on our family's floor, I love my room. It has the perfect view of the city from it's large window. I loved sitting on my bed at night.

Leslie had once asked why I chose to stay in what is basically the attic. I told her it was simple. It is the most quiet room in the house. I have several rows of bookshelves that are above my bed. If I stand on my tippy toes I can reach the highest book. Our house was indeed grand. Leslie always told Gwen and I how lucky we were to live here. I don't mind it.

I spend most of my time in my room, reading or drawing. I guess you could say I am some what of a book worm. I've always loved to draw and some say I have a natural talent. I have many drawings framed around my room. When we get to my room I turn to my sister.

"Are you feeling ok? You looked a bit dizzy." I tell her. "Um, yes, I think I'm just hungry. Are you ok? You looked a bit dizzy yourself and you ate lunch." She tells me, looking at me a little nervous. I wonder why?

"I guess. I have no idea where the dizziness came from. Happened at lunch to. Come on, let's go get some butter cookies from mum's stash." I say. She nods and we head to mum's room. Back down the stairs I guess. 

Once we have our cookies we go back into my room and she sits on the bed, taking off her jacket, shoes, and tie. I go over to my closet and change into a white blouse, skinny jeans, and a forest green over shirt.

 I go over to my closet and change into a white blouse, skinny jeans, and a forest green over shirt

When I finish I turn to her. "Want to borrow anything?" I ask. "No, I'll change later." She tells me. I nod and go over to the bed, pulling my new book off my bookshelf. Suddenly Gwen stands up. "What?" I ask. "I'm going down to the sewing room. Coming?" She asks. 

"No, I'm halfway through this book I just got and I want to read it a bit." I tell her. She nods and exits my room. Sighing I sump onto my bed next tot he window and open my book to were I left off. After a little bit of reading I suddenly feel a bit dizzy again. 

"Ugh, not this again." I say to myself. My phone then rings. "Hello?" I ask. "Belle, come on, I volunteered us to go get Great Aunt Maddie some more sorbet lemons." She says. "Ok I'll meet you downstairs." "Ok, grab a coat, it's raining." She says. "Ok." With that I hang up and stand. 

I throw on some brown boots and grab an umbrella. I already have an over top on, it just doesn't have a hood. I make my way down the stairs to find Gwen waiting for me. "Come on." She says. I nod and follow her out of the house, opening my umbrella as I step out into the rain. 

Gwen had borrowed mum's red and white polka dot jacket and is now wearing the hood. We're almost to the store when suddenly I am swept off my feet. Everything before my eyes is blurred and my stomach twists. When my feet hit the ground again and my vision clears. 

I turn to see Gwen still beside me. I look around and see a very old car come around the corner. I am kneeing on the sidewalk shivering. Something isn't right. There was something off about it. There was no more rain, but it was freezing. I'm glad I still have my over top on. 

I hug it to myself. It was almost night even. "Gwen, what happened?" I ask her, terrified by her answer. "I don't know Belle, but something is not right." She tells me. "Really? I hadn't noticed." I say, sarcastically. She looks at me in shock. I am never sarcastic. "Sorry, just scared." I say. 

She nods in understanding. I take another look around me. Another ancient car comes around the bend. There are no puddles from the rain or street signs. Ok something is defiantly not right here. Inside me my mind knows what has happened, but I cannot think like that. 

There has to be a reasonable explanation. "Gwen, do you think-" "Possibly, but we need to make sure." She says, interrupting me. I nod. There is a man in a coat down the street. He looks at us curiously, before ignoring us and walking on, not even bothering to help us stand. 

We finally do it ourselves. I brush the dirt off my jeans. "We've landed in another time haven't we? Not Charlotte or Carmella, us, Gwen and Belle. Why us?" I ask her, my terror escalating. "I don't know, but we need to get back to our own time." She tells me. I nod. 

People walk by and gape at us. A woman with an ankle length skirt and a basket walks past us. Behind her, a man with his collar turned up. "Excuse me, can you by any chance tell me what year this is?" Gwen asks. They just ignore her and continue walking. 

"How rude." I say under my breath. "Come on, let's go home." She says, walking back towards our house. "Um, our home most likely isn;t our home yet." I tell her. "I know, but it's bitterly cold and I don't know what else to do." She says. I nod and we walk the 100 yards back to the house. 

"Ok, I'm going to knock." She says, walking up the steps to the door. She pulls the chain, i guess this time period's door bell, and there are foot steps, but we don't get a chance to see who opens the door. There is that nauseating feeling and my feet leave the ground again.