Chapter 1

Belle's POV:

I first felt it in the school canteen on Monday. I guess Gwen felt it too because she dumped a plate of mash potatoes on her elf. I luckily was spared, but I still felt a little dizzy. That's very odd.

"This stuff tastes like it's been scrapped off the floor anyway." Leslie tells Gwen when she tries to mop uo the mess. "You can have mine too if you fancy spreading some more on your blouse." She says. "No thanks." Gwen says.

"There goes Gwyneth playing with her food again. Don't sit next to me you mucky pup." Cynthia Dale tells Gwen. "As if I'd sit next to you of my own free will Cyn." Gwen shoots back. Cynthia ignores her and turns to me. "You sitting here Belle?" She asks me.

"Sorry Cyn, maybe tomorrow." I say, shrugging. You could say I'm the most liked between me and Gwen. We're best friends though we are total opposites. Gwen is bold, sassy, judgmental, and outgoing while I tend to be kind and I see the good in people, even Cynthia Dale.

I find it weird. Gwen and I are having dizzy fits like Carmella and Charlotte's, but then again, theirs were related to time traveling, Gwyneth's and mine are not. We're the ordinary ones in the family.

Don't get me wrong, I think they're lucky to inherit the gene, but when Lady Arisra and Aunt Glenda keep asking the two how they feel, it becomes annoying. At least we're not the ones being asked. After lunch we all make our way to Mr. Whitman's classroom.

He hands back the tests we took the other day. "You obviously prepared for this test, especially Charlotte, Carmella, and Isabelle. A+s for you girls." He tells us. I guess you're wondering why I don't go by my first name. Simple, Mariana is too girly.

I don't even particularity like Isabelle, but when shortened down to Belle, it's better. That's what everyone calls me, well, except Mr. Whitman. "What did you get Gwen?" I ask her. "A-, not bad I must say." She says. "Good, mum will be pleased." I say.

While we had been talking Gordon Geldermen had been complaining about his grade, once again. In his explanation he stops suddenly and looks at Charlotte and Carmella. "Are you too feeling ok?" He asks.

"We-we just feel a bit dizzy, that's all." Carmella says, looking me dead in the eye. "We'll take Charlotte and Carmella home." I say, looking at Gwyneth. "I think that's a good idea Isabelle." Mr. Whitman says.

"I hope you feel better soon Charlotte, Carmella." They both get up and start to walk out of the door. "Coming Gwenny, Belle?" They ask. We both grab our bags and follow them out of the door. "Don't forget to phone and tell me all about it." Leslie whispers.

I give a short nod and grab Carmella's arm. She had started to sway. "Come on Ella." I say. Carmella and I have always been close, but no where as close as Gwen, Leslie, and I and Ella and Charlotte are. Once we are out of the classroom they look slightly better.

Charlotte now wants to get something out of her locker. "Not now Charlotte, we have have to get home as fast as possible." Gwen says, annoyed. Those too never got on too well. "It's gone again." Charlotte says. "So, it could come back again at any moment." Gwen argues.

"You ready to go?" I ask Carmella. "Yes, let's leave these two to their bickering." She says. We walk forward, but then hear them following us. "I'm guessing Gwen is phoning home." She guesses. I nod. "How are you feeling now?" I ask.

"Fine, but you never know when something like that is going to happen." She tells me. "I know. Ella, what are your thoughts on it? I know Charlotte sees it as a blessing, but what about you?" I ask her.

"I find it a gift, but if I didn't have it, I would't mind. It's vigorous training and dangerous. At least I have someone to share it with. I mean it's mentioned that the Ruby and the Amethyst, Charlotte and I, always go back to the same date what not in control." She says.

"And you got to share your training with me. I mean, the history and the languages lessons. The fighting only a little." I say. "Yes well, you're an eager listener." She says. I nod and smile. Suddenly I hear Gwen say, "Sorry, we're in a hurry." She must be talking to James.

No one but her can see him, but Leslie, Ella, and I have always believed her when she said she could see ghosts. "Sorry no, I don't think so anyway, we have to head home, fast." She says again. "She talking to James?" She whispers to me.

Whispering because Charlotte doesn't believe in ghosts. "I'm guessing so. She must have walked passed him without stopping and saying hello." I say. She nods in understanding. She continues talking to him.

"If you don't stop talking to your imaginary friend, you'll end up in the nut house." Charlotte tells Gwen. "James ins't imaginary, he's invisible. There's a great difference." Gwen explains. "If you say so." Charlotte snips. They continue to bicker about Gwen's sanity.

Charlotte is my cousin and I love her dearly, but she is very aggravating. "Gwen, did you phone home?" I ask. "No, we're walking apparently." She says. I sigh and turn back to Ella. "It's fine, maybe the fresh air will help with the dizziness." She says. I nod.

Soon we are walking up the steps to our home. I was kinda disappointed. My part is finished. Before I can tell Gwen to follow me to my room to study I suddenly have a dizzy feeling some over me. I feel light headed. So much so that I have to lean against the wall for support.

I notice Gwen doing this too. How strange. I look up to see our butler, Mr. Bernard, looking at us with beady eyes. "Oh dear." He says. "Come on Gwen, let's go to my room." I say. She nods and follows me up the stairs to the third floor.