Chapter 6

Ellie's POV
It was lunch, and the day had seemed to drag on. At break, I walked around the school by myself, since I didn't make many friends yet.

But I got to find my way around a bit more, and find out where certain types of people hang out and shiz.

As the bell rung I sped off not wanting anything else but to leave the room, the teacher I'd just had for English was annoying as hell.

As I walked past the office and sped down the stairs, I almost bumped into a very familiar face. Bronnie.

"Ahh Ellie dawg!" She said, fist bumping me and laughing a little.

I smiled at her cheerfulness and replied with a small 'hey'.

"Where you off to girl?" She asked, looking around, probably for the boys since we were near the dinner ha.

I rubbed the back of my neck, not wanting to sound like a loser, but just facing the fact.

"Uh I don't know tbh." I forced a small laugh. "Oh right. Why don't you come to the hall with me and Harvey, since Charlie's in detention." She smiled, picking at her nails.

"Why not." I shrugged, trying to seem a little more confident, but not rude. "Up there." She said pulling me through the doors and walking up the stairs.

I watched as her haired bounced up and down the different shades of pink mixed with the blue streaks of hair.

It was quite satisfying to watch. I was pulled out of my thoughts as one wrong step led to me tripping up the stairs and almost getting trampled on.

Wow great first impression Ellie. "Omg are you okay!" Bronnie laughed, causing me to laugh too.

Instead of getting embarrassed and covering my face, I ended up laughing my ass off and bowing to everyone behind me.

"That was pretty funny. Although it hurt my knee slightly." I laughed as we waited at the back of the dinner queue.

After our laughs died down a bit, it went kind of quiet and none of us spoke, until we got closer to the front of the line.

"How much money you got? Need to borrow any?" She asked. I froze for a second, then shook my head.

"You know, I'm actually not that hungry. I had a big breakfast." I laughed.

She looked at me suspiciously, then smiled as she nodded and turned to look at what food was available today.

"I'm just gonna get myself some pizza. And a cookie actually." She said before paying the woman at the till.

Why were the dinner ladies always, women. Like, why were there no dinner men at all?

And the chairs felt quite stiff as I moved around to try and get a little more comfortable.

"You'll get used to it." She admitted as if she'd just read my mind. I must of had that look, you know, the uncomfortable look.

I smiled, and turned around as I saw Bronnie waving to someone and smiling like a donkey.

It was Harvey. "Heyy." He said sitting beside me, and kind of opposite Bronnie.

I looked at his tray as he'd brought a cold tuna baguette. It actually looked really nice.

I looked up and noticed him looking at me with a raised eyebrow, and Bronnie too, was looking at me like I'd just come from mars.

"Oh sorry. Your baguette looks nice." I laughed as his crooked smile turned into a soft and genuine smile.

"It's okay. Do you want some?" He said ripping off a piece, then placing it into his mouth after I shook my head.

"What subjects did you guys just have?" He asked, taking a small bite out of the edge of his baguette.

"I had English with some stupid Miss.Downlaw woman." I sighed at the thought of her name. She was so moody, and quite rude.

"Aww your first day as well, I feel so bad. And I had English too, but with Mrs.Grunwall. Pure luck." She laughed, biting into her cookie. She ate that slice of pizza fast.

"I just had maths and it sucked." He admitted, pushing his tray a little further.

"Wait where's Charlie?" He asked looking at the both of us. "He's in detention with Mrs.Grunwall." She laughed a little.

"What did he do?" I laughed along, as Harvey had some look into his face that said 'oh no, not again'.

"He threw a paper plane to me, but it landed in the teachers hair. But it was her own fault for having such knotty hair! Otherwise it wouldn't of been able to get stuck in it!" She moaned.

Now I was being told this, I thought I'd actually seen her earlier. "Tall and old with black knotty hair?"

"Yep, that's her!" Harvey laughed.

After lunch, I had music which was one of the GCSEs I personally chose. Luckily, I was with both Bronnie and Harvey, and to my luck, Charlie, who i'd barely spoken to yet.

All we did was mess about that lesson and take mugs of eachother. But Charlie seemed pretty focused on the keyboard at some point.

It was as if he was trying to learn something. But I didn't know what.

Okeyyyy I hope this chapter was okayy there!! I never know what to say at the end lol but thankyouuuu for readinngggg ily!!! <3