Chasing Melodies : 제 1 장

"Maybe it's the right time for us to bid farewell,
Let us forget about the heartaches and despair,
We shall leave our past behind these walls we have sealed,
Fate decides it whether things should be left uncleared."
- Bidding Goodbye by Hannah Jewel

It's not right to run away from the conflicts and problems you are facing in your life right now. I know that, and yet I am doing it right now. But mine's a different story; I am running away for the sole purpose of achieving the dream that I've been trying to reach my entire life. Sure, I did leave some mess behind and I know that doesn't sound right, but I'm sure it will all be worth it someday. I just hope that Sophia and mom would still open the door for me once I return home.

This is the only way that I could think of right now, with my thoughts in a miserable pit of hell: Leaving the family I love so much... Not even expecting I would consider this choice just to make my only reason for living come true.

I could only pray that my decision would ease everyone's burden and not the other way around.

For starters, I don't even know where I am right now. It all felt so surreal for me, living far away from my country only to find myself lost in this unknown world. I felt like an abandoned puppy who doesn't have anyone to rely on.

The driver told me that I could find an apartment here in this area, but I did not really understand some of his sentences what with the language barrier. And now, I'm wandering off by myself, the tiring flight making me hungry and the different temperature that I should start getting used to, is making me dizzy.

I've tried asking an old woman for direction but unfortunately, she bowed and shake her head as if apologizing for not knowing how to communicate with me using the universal language. Every minute and each and every second I'm getting frustrated with all of this. Patience. Control it, Han Bi, I've told myself several times.

I'm starting to regret my decision for coming here, in South Korea. I've calmed myself down and took a deep breath. Think of this carefully Han Bi. You're finally here. You will soon achieve what you've been reaching for.

I shook my head in annoyance. Stupid me. Coming here without any information about this country. So, so stupid!

Lost in my own thoughts, I didn't even notice the situation ahead of me. A dead end. Sweat broke upon me when I saw a man in a corner puffing some cigarette and in his other hand, he's holding some kind of inhalant. I gasped when his eyes found mine and he suddenly grinned at me. Is this the part where I should start running and shouting for help?

Slowly, I turned my back on him. Then I took a step, and then another step, and another until I found myself running and running as fast as I can. I could hear my own heart beating inside of me like a drum. I could also hear the man's footstep running after me. Damn it! Is this the end for me? What about my dream? What about my family?

With that in mind, I started running even more faster.

"야! 잠시만 기다려 주세요! (Ya! Jamshiman gidaryeo juseyo! // Hey! Please wait!)" Even without tr