The Abomination : Prologue

Sweat broke out of her forehead. The headache has been getting worse every single day. It's been like that for three consecutive weeks. She doesn't even know if she's still going to survive after this. Her time, it seems, is getting short.

She caresses her stomach and a tear fell out of her eyes. "I'm sorry," she whispered. She felt something kick inside and she smiled. "You really want to see the world huh? But I don't think you will. Your mom is dying, sweetheart. I can feel it," she closed her eyes. She wishes she didn't. A figure cloaked in black stood before her. Even with her eyes closed, she could actually see him in her mind. She doesn't see his face and yet she could feel that whosoever or whatsoever stood before her, is a powerful being. She tried to open her eyes but failed. Did I . . . die?

"It is expected for the woman who bears the child of a Nephilim to die," The cloaked figure told her. "Nephilim are the offsprings of a human and an angel. They are stronger, more knowledgeable and they have the blood of God running inside their bodies. They are dangerous and that is why we must eradicate all those beings in order to maintain the balance of the world. Should we fail to erase their existence, we would stand before our Creator. And the Creator would not let this slide so easily." The cloaked figure approached her and circled around her as if suspecting if she would ever do something to him. That was a thought she wishes she could do, though. She still has to survive for her child's sake.

"Some Nephilim have managed to escape us despite how dedicated and persistent we are in finding and eradicating them. They hide themselves and had somehow found a way to make it seem that they do not exist in this world. But we are the Creator's warriors. We will always do everything in order to please Him. The Nephilim can't trick us anymore."

"Let me just bear my child. Please, my child is still innocent. The Creator would not let someone who is still not dirtied by the sins of the world die, would He? I know I'm asking something impossible, but hearken to my plea."

"You are a Nephilim, bound to be erased and to be forgotten. The problem with your bearing is that when two Nephilim had an intercourse, their child would become more stronger, more intelligent than a normal Nephilim would ever be. A normal Nephilim itself is considered an abomination, what more of their child? And a child of two Nephilims to add! The Creator would not allow that to happen for it would create an unbalance in the world. A Nephilim who had an intercourse with a human would be forgiven but a Nephilim who had an intercourse with their own kind must be eradicated urgently, for their offspring would dominate the mortal world. And you know how much the Creator loves His people."

The cloaked figure approaches her. She tried to hide her gasp but failed miserably when the cloaked figure closed the gap between them and he went further as to touch her stomach. A light suddenly appeared from her stomach from where he touched and she gaped in shock. Her feelings right now are a mixture of happiness, sadness, and horror. The light showed an image of a soon-to-be-born fetus. The light suddenly became blue and it bends to show an image of a small girl, growing up to be a very beautiful woman.

"That is your child," says the cloaked figure. He suddenly became stiff as if someone was talking to him that only he could hear. She bet it was the Creator speaking to him right now. He then turned his head towards her and glowered at her, "I'll let your child live. Only if her powers were to be concealed. I'll ask the Creator for someone to guide her as she grows older." She frowned at his words. Someone, to guide her? Does that mean she couldn't be with her child? Tears started to form at the realization.

     "This is where you will meet your end, Nephilim. And this is where your daughter would be reborn into someone's life." Her sobbings became louder as the cloaked figure proceeded to get her child from her stomach while whispering some incantations. He lifted his hand and she continues to watch even if she doesn't clearly see what was happening because of her tears. A small fetus is all curled up into a ball in the cloaked figure's arms. It looked so innocent, so pure. It suddenly vanished when the cloaked figure hides the fetus behind his cloak.

"Where'd she go?" She asked with her croaked voice.

"She's in good hands. She's in someone else's stomach. Worry not, for I can see the future. Your child would grow into something greater. She can save the world. The only problem with that is she can't save herself. That's why I'm sending the best of the best of all angels to protect and guide her, He would show up the time your child would be in great danger."

She sighed in relief. That's all that matters, then. Her child's safety would always come first. She could surrender herself completely knowing that.

"Does that satisfy you?" She nods.

"Then come along now, Nephilim."