Chapter One

“ Nathaniel ,  get up now! We are late to class!!”

                 Nathaniel opened his red and puffy blue eyes , dried tear tracks imprinted on his face. Another day to feel dead inside , Nathaniel craved for sleep. Sleep was his escape from the world. This beautiful , but cruel world he was forced to be born in. It was like his safe haven , Nathaniel groaned and got up slowly.

              Nathaniel’s legs shaking , and his legs were practically dead as well.  There was terrible soreness in them , Nathaniel let out a humorless chuckle as he thought, “That’s what you get for not moving from a chair all yesterday.”.  Nathaniel felt a punch of pain attack his weak body ,and  the pain spreading out with such ferocity that it was utterly terrifying. He hunched over in pain , and let out a groan as he tried to stand up. Only to fall back down , and then he let out a hollow laughter. Him trying to get up , but no being able to was like a symbol of his awful life.

              Always to fall back on his knees , weak and pathetic. His eyes wandered to the clock , and he let out a soft gasp. Nathaniel immediately got up , and Nathaniel tried his best to ignore the pain in his body.  He had quickly gotten ready for his morning class , he couldn’t afford to have another tardy. Nathaniel’s roommate Robert Patterson , a sunflower colored hair boy , with warm brown eyes and his soft kind heart was waiting for him as always.

                          Nathaniel and Robert got out of the bus , and  ran towards the large university in front of them. Harvard University , one of America’s greatest colleges was the college Nathaniel somehow was accepted into.  It was unbelievable to Nathaniel , it seemed like a dream...just like her. Nathaniel shook his head , and Nathaniel then ran to his class fearing the worst. Nathaniel felt relief rush through him, and all his anxiety had flowed out of him.

                  Luckily for Nathaniel his professor wasn’t here yet as usual. He got into his seat and was immediately greeted by his friend , Liozza. Liozza had hair that was dyed a beautiful blue that reminded Nathaniel of the deep sea. She had golden eyes that seemed to glow , and had a sassy attitude. “Finally you’re here , were you busy with your boyfriend , Robert?” Loizza said with a mischievous smirk on her pretty face. Nathaniel rolled his eyes , and a light laughter left his lips when Loizza said , “Keep rolling your eyes maybe you’ll find a brain back there.”.

                   Nathaniel chuckled to himself , Loizza always liked to tease him. Saying he was in a relationship with his roommate! His conversation with his friend was cut short because of his professor walking through the door.  Nathaniel looked down to see his professor , Miss. Tan had a cat in her hand. “Okay class , you might be wondering why I’m holding a cat right now , but that’s not important. What is important is that I checked my purchases yesterday , and apparently I bought 30 pounds of glitter.” , a rouse of laughter find the room as Nathaniel’s professor finished what she was saying.

         Nathaniel had always found it surprising that Miss. Tan was a carefree and let loose teacher.  Miss. Tan didn’t really seem to care much , but at the same time she did.  “Okay , listen up nerds. We are going to be learning about Benjamin  Franklin….” Miss. Tan said as she let down her cat.  Nathaniel looked off to the window next to him , he noticed how the cherry blossoms outside basked in the sunlight and how the petals flowed along with the wind. “Perhaps I could sketch this later in.. “ Nathaniel thought with a gentle smile  caressing his face.

            His mind slowly wandered off , not really paying attention anymore to his surroundings. He thought of her again , it was always her. Would he ever find someone else , Nathaniel let out a bitter laugh , knowing he would ever find another. He thought of her smile , her words , her laugh , just everything about her. After what felt like an eternity , he found himself waking up to a small tap on his shoulder and a shy voice.

          Nathaniel  looked up at the person before him and blood rushed to his cheeks. Suddenly he didn’t think about her.  The girl in front of him was  petite  , she wore gold rimmed round glasses that shaped her face well.  His lips slightly parted , awe struck by the girl.  “..Uh..,  I’m sorry to bother you , but I was wondering if you had a pen I could use?” the girl said with a hushed tone.

               He fumbled with his bag , and stuttered while saying , “Oh!..uh..Y-yeah!”.  Nathaniel had thousands of thoughts racing through his head , he handed the girl a pen and looked down playing with his wrinkly fingers while saying , “I-If you don’t mind me asking..uh..what’s your name?”. Suddenly she smiled , and she let out a giggle, “My name is Amelia Greenwood! It’s nice to meet you!”.  Nathaniel felt his heart crumble a little , and his anxiety soared through the roof.

       Even with the constant overflow of thoughts in his mind , he was honestly so happy to have met this girl. He felt like he was dying, and at the same time jumping with joy inside.

But , he wasn’t complaining though.