"It's occupied," I retorted.

Two of the women slammed their plates down but I didn't budge. I found it hard to find fear nowadays. 

"I said we need this table," the burly woman insisted.

I could feel the anger beginning to bubble.

I stood to face her. "And I said it's occupied. Find another table."

Just for a moment I saw a hint of fear cross her features but it disappeared just as fast. If there was a visual representation of what hardship looked like, it would be this woman. She was taller and thicker than myself, but that didn't intimidate me.

"You know girl..." she hissed. "I killed a man that told me no."

"I killed five times as many," I confessed. Burning guilt scorched my conscience.

Then her hands were on my collar. The sound of a loud whistle filled my ears. Before I could lay a hand on her I felt my own being secured behind my back. Then an officer guided me away from the scene and out of the cafeteria.

"Inmate!" he shouted.

"I didn't do anything! That bitch was in my face!" I protested.

I knew making a scene would only dig a deeper hole, so I tried to calm down.

I allowed myself to be guided out of the cafeteria, and soon we were alone. But when I turned to face the officer, I was met with a friendly face I had started to believe I would never see again.

"M-Monroe?" my voice shook.

Was he a figment of my imagination?

"It's great to see you too." He smiled. "But we'll talk later."

I shook my head. "What do you-?"

But before any more words could come out he shoved me into a storage closet. I stumbled forward and the door shut behind me.

I turned harshly and heard the door slam. That's when I came face to face with another ghost. Except this one was more familiar since she haunted me in my dreams.

My skin ran cold as I scolded Monroe for his poor judgement on this situation. She shouldn't be here. And all of a sudden, I was drowning.

"Look, we don't have a lot of time-"

My fist connected with her face. Melissa stumbled back against the wall. My hands wrapped around her neck as the rage smothered any sense there was left in my brain.

She was here in the flesh and all I wanted to do was kill her.

She fought and swing her elbow clean across my face which knocked me off her. I fell against the other side of the tiny closet but as soon as I got up Melissa was on guard. She pushed against me, and before I knew it she had detained my arms behind my back. My face was pressed against the cold wall.

"Alexa stop!" she demanded.

But I couldn't stop.

I brought my head back into face. She groaned in pain and granted me just enough room to turn and force her back against the wall. My left arm was across her chest as my other quickly found the gun attached to her hip. I released it from the holster and brought it up to her temple.

But I stopped.

My finger trembled against the trigger while I peered into her terrified eyes. The desire for revenge was strong, but there was something else, something stronger than the hate. It was there but I couldn't force myself to acknowledge it.