Chapter 1: Frantic Meeting

Being a detective, I get calls all the time asking to look into a crime. Whether it be the chief or a random call in the middle of the day, I get calls daily. If it's a really busy day then we may not even get a lunch break. Today is not that day; it's a pretty slow day with no calls so far, which makes the station seem quiet today...too quiet. A knock on the door startles me into dropping my files on the ground. "Detective Morr, there's a young man outside, very panicked wanting to talk to the head detective" my assistant Laura mentioned.
"Laura do you mind escorting the man my way, please and thank you."
At that moment Laura left, and only a moment later, came back with a young man that seemed very worried. He had black hair that fell over his left eye and it seemed to be ruffled in the back, as if he was in too much of a hurry to fix it. His shirt seemed to be covered in what I presumed to be blood and-
"Sir you have to help me! My dad! My dad, he's dead!" the young man yelled with a panicked expression.
"Tell me your name son-"I was cut off again by the distressed teenager.
"My name is Daniel, but please my dad! He's at home and isn't responding!" Daniel said rapidly. It seemed to me that Daniel was very anxious and worried.
"Alright, Daniel was it, let's go see what the problem is." I said as I started walking Daniel to my car. We got to my car and went on our way.
---
Daniel told me the address to his house and we were on our way. The car drive there was quite silent. Whenever I could, I would glance over at Daniel. He seemed genuinely hurt and distressed. I found myself starting to feel bad for him.
When we got to the house Daniel hopped out of the car and ran inside. As I was getting out of the car and running behind him, I took in the exterior of the house. It was a two-story house with giant windows. The windows were as big as a typical front door. The house was painted a creamy white color with hints of brown. The paint was starting to peel off and some parts of the house were rusting. The front door was wide open and Daniel was nowhere to be found. I called out to him

"Daniel! Daniel where are you?"
At that moment a heard Daniel call my name.

"Detective Morr, I'm in here! See, it's my dad, he's laying on the ground!"

I followed the sound of his voice down a long hallway that was decorated with picture frames. I walked into the first open door I saw and there he was. Daniel was on his knees holding what I presumed to be his father.

"See Detective, my father is dead."