Chapter 1: Unfairness

Professor Snape blew the locks of hair that fell on his face away. He had just finished making a sample of Rosylena potion, otherwise known as a semi-strong love potion. He was finally done making the sample for the new eighth years.

The eighth year students started to file in, with new Head Girl Hermione Granger being the first and new Head Boy Draco Malfoy being the last. He reluctantly got up from his chair. It was time to start teaching.

Hermione heard a ripping sound as soon as she entered the classroom. She walked over to the corner and furiously started to check to see if her robes ripped. However, as soon as she turned around, she realized it was her book bag. Books were spilled all across the floor. She hurriedly scooped them up into her arms. Her eyes swept the room for a place to sit as everyone had taken their seats already, and then groaned. The only thing that could make her morning worse than it already was would be sharing a desk with Draco Malfoy. She already had to share a common room with him. Her daily dosage of Draco was getting to be far too much lately.

She quickly sat down, but apparently not quick enough.

"Late, Miss Granger? 10 points from Gryffindor," Snape spat.

"But Professor, my bag ripp-" Hermione was cut off by the say one more word and you will lose house points and I will also kill you looks all the Gryffindors gave her. "I mean, sorry sir. It won't happen again," Hermione said, ducking her head.

Snape continued, "Today, we'll be making a simple potion called Rosylena. It is a semi-strong love potion, and therefore makes you act like you're in love. Even though it's a simple potion, I trust that all of you will mess it up. Since we are going to be testing them, remember to replace the 4 pieces of unicorn hair with 1, so the effects are only short term. You have close to the rest of the period. Begin!" Snape said, as he walked around the classroom, giving off a scary vibe.

Hermione couldn't bear to even be in love with Draco for a second, let alone for 2 minutes.

"Ew, I have to be in love with the stupid Mudblood? Disgusting, what would Father say?" Draco spat.

"You won't know you're feeling the effects until after the potion wears off. It'll be like being in love with the Mudblood never happened. And tonight we can continue our late night rendezvous," Pansy said with a sly wink. Draco grinned back.

Hermione was disgusted. Immediately, an image of Pansy and Draco in the bedroom appeared. She tried to distract herself from the gross picture by reading over the list and gathering all the ingredients from the cupboard. As soon as she got back, Draco pushed her aside and started working on the potion. Hermione, being the person she was, got furious.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Hermione hissed.

"What, you think a hot Slytherin like me can't be smart? Didn't expect you to be so stereotypical, Mudblood," Draco replied smoothly.

"Oh, I'm sorry, the fact that you and the rest of your idiot crew tried helped Voldemort in the war told me enough about you, and frankly stupidity in general," Hermione snapped. She pretended not to see him and "accidentally" pushed Draco to the floor harshly, smiling triumphantly when she succeeded.

"You're too late, Mudblood. I already finished the potion. You don't need to get your filthy little hands in the amazing potion I made. Now you know why every girl drools over me, because of my intelligence and my hot body," Draco smirked as he got up from the floor. Hermione wasn't convinced he did it right. She continued to lift up the cauldron, making her way over to the sink to dump it out its contents and start over.

"What do you think you're doing?" Draco growled, sprinting to her. Too fast. Draco collided with Hermione and the potion, slipping and grasping Hermione's arm for support. They both fell backwards, the rose smelling potion splattering across their clothes and faces.

The entire class turned to stare at Hermione and Draco, looks of surprise etched across their faces at seeing both Head Girl and Boy sprawled out across the cold, dungeon floor. Harry and Ron weren't in Advanced Potions, and Snape wasn't in the room at the moment. It may have been the only time Hermione wished Professor Snape was here.

"Ow, now look what you did, you ferret," Hermione said, in a lot of pain. Draco's cheeks turned visibly red.

"Please, as if this was my fault. Also, you have to admit that I still look good even with this purple goop all over me," Draco retorted.

"It's not purple, you moron. It's pink. Get your colors straight," Hermione snapped.

"No, it's purple. Are you colorblind?"

"NO!" Hermione yelled as she struggled to get up. Then, she felt a tingly sensation as if something was running through her veins, starting from her toes and ending at the tips of her fingers. Instantly, she was struck with many images of the boy sitting in front of him. She was suddenly amazed, and she felt like her only purpose in life was to love this boy, to be with him forever.

____________________________________________________________

So yeah, this is our first try at writing fanfiction. We hope you like it! Please show your support by voting or commenting if you enjoyed this little chapter. And like always, we can't thank you enough for clicking on this story and just finishing this chapter. Have fun!

M & V