Monsters have had regular confrontations with Titans, always ending in bloodshed. The empousa before Kronos seems very aware of that, skittering back a few paces as the Titan Lord steps forwards.

"Clever," Nico muttered. "But ultimately futile."

"You speak for the rest of your kind?" Kronos questions, wanting to confirm that Hecate had sent him the empousa he was looking for.

"Yes," the monster says, her stance all defensive and prideful.

"You know of the Primordials, I assume?" At her nod, he smiles. "Excellent. The incarnate of shadows is walking amongst mortals, daring to enter my territory," he presses his palms together before him, a look of grave importance etched on his features. "I hear you feed on mortals, drink their blood," a brief look of distaste flashes across his eyes before it's carefully hidden away behind layers of deception. "Does your food source ever run out?"

"Sometimes it gets hard... mortals often realise that our villages are being haunted and often become wary," the empousa admits.

"Mistake number one," Annabeth muttered.

Percy blinked. "Huh?"

"She said our villages."

"Oh. Yeah, that's a mistake."

Kronos raises an eyebrow. "Our villages?"

The empousa swiftly realises her mistake. "Did I say ours?" she questions uneasily. "I meant yours."

"Of course you did," he dismisses, almost sarcastic if not for the narrowing of his eyes and the sharpness of his tone. "Why would you suggest otherwise?" The empousa stands her ground as he inches closer, a deceptively serene smile suggesting she should be at ease.

"Oh, she's so dead," Nico stated.

"What do you want from us?" the empousa questions warily.

"I need you to do something for me," Kronos says bluntly. "I need eyes on Erebus, watching him. I need to know what he's doing, when he's doing it and how he's going about it. And I need it reported to me. Spread the word to the other monsters, let them know."

"What will we get in return?"

"The ability to walk out of here, for one," Kronos drawls.

The empousa tilts her head to the side, considering her options. "And if we refuse?"

"She won't walk out of there, duh," Leo muttered.

She shrieks as his hand clamps around her wrist. "You won't," he assures her, eyes sharp and glowing. The bones in her wrist creak in protest as his grip tightens, until a loud crunch echoes around the throne room and a screech rips from between her clenched teeth. The monster dares to hiss at him, baring sharp teeth which can rip through flesh.

Distaste coils up in Kronos' chest, lashing around violently at the defiance before him. The monster drops to her knees, half whimpering and half snarling at him. The sound makes a genuine smile form on the Titan's face. "I really loathe monsters. Perhaps you should consider that before you act foolishly. Not after." He lets go of her wrist, letting her cradle it to her chest. "Your decision?" he prompts calmly.