After

My eyes opened but they were quickly shut, "what the..." I squirmed around on what felt like a straw bed on the floor.  I tried to open my eyes with my hands but then they were stuck to the floor.  I yelped and sat there for a good minute.  I heard some shuffling and grunting, "Allo.  Do not be scared.  We send you home soon."  "Where am I?!" I tried to get up again but my legs wouldn't listen.  "I know, it scary.  But calm down, you walk soon." The man talking sounded old, his voice was stern yet sweet, like he was a doctor talking to his older patients.  "Are you... doing this?" I asked.  "No.  Not me.  My daughter Ishka saw you at that stupid rally.  She brought you to me, to help you and a few others who were hurt."  "Why can't you let me open my eyes?"  There was a long pause, "We like our privacy and do not need any outsiders knowing what we look like or where we live."  Well wherever they lived, it was hot and extremely humid, I wanted to get up and just leave because of the heat.  "Well, when can I go?"  "Now."  A breath of air filled my lungs and my legs jolted and I stood up, but my eyes were still closed.  A hand took mine and I wobbled on dry warm grass.  I heard fires crackling and people talking in a foreign language.  Where am I?  There was a woosh of air, my hair was flying everywhere and I couldn't breathe, then I fell on my side onto hot concrete.  When I opened my eyes I was on a sidewalk, people were huddled in a circle around me, mouths open.  I stood up and huge towers surrounded me and the streets were filled with honking cars, no room for anyone to walk through.  I walked to a man gaping at me and shaking, "Excuse me, where am I." He gulped and whimpered.  I rolled my eyes, "New York." A woman said next to him.  She was my height, Hispanic, and seemed in her thirties.  "Thank you."  I grabbed her bare hand and smiled.  Once I got around the block I changed into her.