Chapter 5: Watch Us Work

Doo-Too's was looking pretty good tonight, a full house and everything. Some love song was playing in the club as people danced, talked, and drank. Dre had sneaked me and Cube in from the back in order to get in, the security guard by the entrance wouldn't allow teenagers in. We've been here before though. DJ Yella worked here too and was real cool with Dre. I sat at a booth with Cube while we went over lyrics for the song we would be performing in front of the club, even though Lonzo wouldn't like it. This is a club for "pussy not pistols" only. What a bitch.

As we sat there taking turns with the notebook, I felt Cube's arm go around my shoulders. The thing about me and him is that we've been best friends since we were potty trained and there has always been a strong friendship between us. Like last year I had my first kiss with him. He ain't no virgin no more, but I am. I could never see Cube as a boyfriend, he's like another brother to me.

I noticed Lonzo walking outside so I glanced over at Yella signaling us to go up to the stage. I told Cube to come on so he followed behind me as we readied ourselves for a dope ass show to the crowd.

"Cube, T y'all up?" Dre asked us. We nodded and walked up onto the stage. "Aight everybody, I want y'all to give it up to my little homies. They 'bout to rap something for y'all. I want you to give it up to Major motherfucking T and Ice motherfucking Cube!"

The song Weak In The Knees started playing as I started the song.

[Me]"Here's a little somethin by the nigga like me, never shoulda been let out the penitentiary. Major T would like to say I'ma crazy muthafucka from around the way. Since I was a youth I smoke weed out. Now I'm the muthafucka that you read about. Taking a life or two, that's what the hell I do. You don't like how I'm living well Fuck You! This is a gang and I'm in it. My man Dre'll fuck you up in a minute wit a right left, right left your toothless, and then you'll say goddamn they Ruthless!"

[Ice Cube]"Everywhere we go they say "damn! Ice Cube's fucking up the program" and then you realize we don't care. We don't just say no we too busy sayin yeah! To drinkin straight out the eight bottle, do I look like a muthafucking role model? To a kid lookin up to me, life ain't nothin but bitches and money. Cause I'm the type of nigga that's built to last."

[Me]"Fuck with me, I'll put a foot in yo ass. I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin."

[Both]"Yo what the fuck are they yellin?!"

The crowd was hyped and cheering us on. It felt good to see that they enjoyed us. We turned around and dapped Dre and Yella out of excitement. I was proud of myself and Ice Cube, we did it. Right when we turned around to leave the stage we saw Lonzo standing in the doorway, Dre's gonna get it now.

Eazy

I stood next to my homie Ren watching Cube and T rap on stage, I am once again impressed. Those two got raw talent and I like it a lot. Maybe starting something with them wouldn't be a bad idea like Dre said. I watched T mostly, she got something in her.

"Yo E those two were good up there man," Ren said. "I mean I ain't ever heard a girl rap before."

"I know," I said. A girl with long curly black hair and dark skin walked by me slowly. I gave her a lustful look and pulled her to me. "How bout you come sit wit us baby?"

"Okay, sure," she said smirking at me. Oh I'm definitely getting some pussy tonight. I already have a girlfriend named Tracy, but she's just my main, my favorite. She can be kinda dumb though, I don't care as long as I get to fuck.

Ren went and sat down at a booth with me and the ho following him. Right when we sat down with our drinks Dre came walking up to us.

"Aye wassup E," he said dapping me.

"What up, Dr. Dre," I said. The girl scooted closer to me and I put my arm around her. That ass is fat and yelling my name. "You remember my friend Ren from Kelly Park?"

"Yeah I remember, sup?"

"Sup man?" Ren greeted with a dap.

"I heard you living in yo auntie's house, how's the couch life?"

"Fucked up man." He sighed in frustration. "I got my woman and my baby there, shit is crazy. I can't do it like you do E."

"Can't nobody do what I do."

"But aye listen. If you thinking about getting out that game, maybe you could dump some money into this music shit get more involved."

"I don't know Dre."

Yella called his name to go up on stage so I knew he had to bounce now. "Aye I gotta go now." As he turned around and left he yelled back to me, "think about it!"

"I will."

--

The phone started ringing waking me from my sleep. I glanced over to my left to see the bitch I met at the club laying next to me. I reached over to the night stand and picked up the phone.

"Hello," I answered.

"Eazy it's me, Dre," I heard Dre say on the other line.

"Dre? What's up man?"

"I got into some trouble last night and got arrested. Can you come bail me out of jail, please?"

I sighed. "Aight hold on I'll be there."

"Thanks man." He hung up.

After I got that bitch out of my house, I got dressed and gathered enough cash to bail Dre out of jail. I swear Dre is always into something. He's been arrested before and that gay ass Lonzo had to bail him out. I guess now he ain't helping him no more. But it's cool because me and Dre have been homies since we were kids, I'm always down to help out a friend.

I pulled up in front of the Compton County jail in my mint green 64 impala. This the best car I've ever owned. After I went inside and paid for Dre to get out of jail, I waited outside while leaning against my car. Soon I saw Dre walking out while carrying his Nike tennis shoes. I smirked at him as we dapped.

"What up nigga," I said to him.

"Hey E," he said sitting on the curb to put his shoes on.

"So what they lock you up for?"

"I was literally just standing there, that's it."

I started to laugh. "Man that's the craziest shit I've heard all week!"

"Naw man it was Tyree with that temper he be havin. But aye have you thought about what we talked about last night?"

"Yeah I thought about it."

"Okay... and?"

"It's interesting."

"Just interesting? Look man if you can slang dope-"

"Shh!"

"Wha-"

"Just tell the whole mother fucking world I sell dope." I started glancing around and talking in a lower voice.

"Okay but if you can sell dope you can slang records man, it's easy. You could make a record label."

"A label? That sounds interesting I guess."

"Come on man. I got this group from New York called HBO "Home Boys Only" and my nigga D.O.C from Dallas, Texas. You got a mind for that shit E, think about it. You a natural business man. What would you call a record label?"

I thought about it for a minute and then a name dawned on me. "Ruthless."

"Ruthless?"

"Yeah, Ruthless. Like ruth-fucking police. Come on and get yo simple ass in the car man."

I walked over to the drivers seat as Dre got in the passenger seat next to me. All this talk about making a record label has my mind working like crazy. I've made up my mind, I am gonna ask Cube and T to write a song for these HBO niggas. Yeah I can already see it now.

"Ruthless," I said to myself as we drove off. Ruthless Records, could be the start off something big. Really big.

There's the fifth chapter. Ik things are slow right now but excitement is on the way so hold up. Good writers always keep the readers waiting. Comment and vote. Please and thank you!!