Make Your Own Lip Balm

How To is from WikiHow - Updated 12/09/2021

Ingredients/Method:

1. Add 2 tablespoons (30 grams) of petroleum jelly into a small bowl. You will be mixing the lip gloss in this, and then transferring it into another container later.

2. Find some powdered eyeshadow or blush.If you can't find any, scrape some eyeshadow into a plastic. You can use a spoon, fork, or toothpick to get it out. Crush it into a fine powder using a spoon or fork. Make sure that there are no clumps or chunks, or your lip gloss will turn out grainy. For a shimmery lip gloss, use an eyeshadow or blush that already has some sparkle to it

3. Stir the eyeshadow into the petroleum jelly. Use something thin, like a chopstick or toothpick. Keep stirring until everything is evenly combined. There should be no streaks, swirls, chunks, or clumps.

4. Transfer the mixture to a small container. Once you get the color and texture you like, scoop the mixture into a small container. Use a mini spatula, butter knife, or spoon to help you. You can find small containers in the paint section of an art store. They are meant for storing excess paint, but they make great lip gloss containers. You can also use empty lip gloss containers, clean contact lens cases, and pill boxes as well.

5. Let the lip gloss harden, then use it whenever you want a touch of color or sparkle on your lips. If you are in a rush, leave it in the fridge for a few hours until it hardens. You can apply it using your finger or a q-tip.