TWENTY-ONE ⚡ DEATH

Start from the beginning

4 Months Later

"Team, report to the briefing room." Batman ordered from over the speakers.

The team - already in uniform thanks to a recently finished mission - shared silent looks before walking to the briefing room. Batman never gave them missions this close together, they barely even got missions on a weekly basis unless the villains were planning something big, but their activity had been little to none lately.

"Another mission Batman" Kaldur asked as they lined up in front of the hero.

"No," Batman pointed to the screen, a picture of a man popped up.

He was young, mid to late twenties, judging by how pale his skin was he wasn't alive. The picture zoomed out more so they could see the entire body. There was no gunshot wound, no stab wound, nothing anywhere on the body to suggest he was murdered.

"This is Jasper Lewis, a government worker that frequently worked against villains. He was found in his home yesterday, dead. He was in perfect health, and showed no signs of depression. There was nothing in his system that could have killed him."

"Do you think one of the villains did it?" Artemis questioned, crossing her arms.

"Perhaps," Batman changed the picture, showing a rose on the chest of the victim. "The observers noticed two things off about the body, one was that there was a rose laying on Lewis' chest and a prick on his finger from the rose. From how deep the prick was, someone pricked his finger after he died and placed the rose on him.

"The second thing they noticed, no matter what light he put them under, the man had no shadow."

"No shadow..." Robin repeated, "Bats, you don't think this is-"

"I think it is," Batman sighed, "After four months of no signs of her...I think she has come up again. As a villain this time."

"No, no!" Wally yelled in disbelief, "This can't be her. This has to be some other villain that can do that. She wouldn't...She can't be a villain."

"We have never encountered someone with powers of her nature before," Batman argued, "I didn't want to show you this, in hopes that this wouldn't happen, but on the night of her disappearance, we got a hit on facial recognition. Now we can assume who he was talking to."

Batman once again changed the image on the screen, this time it was a video that automatically began playing when it came up.

It showed (Y/n) landing in front of an alley, a small smile spread across her face as she readjusted the bag on her shoulder.

"Villains were always ones for dramatizing things," she said before entering the alley.

"It's nice to see that you showed," a tall man with black hair and red eyes stepped out of the shadows, he seemed familiar, "I thought I would have to kill those friends of yours."

"They aren't my friends," (Y/n) growled, all of us shared a shocked look,"Not anymore."

"Oh look at that," Klarion grinned, "You're learning already. No attachments, attachments mean weakness, weakness is not allowed, understand?"

The man stepped forward and slapped (Y/n), everything went silent before she turned back to him with wide eyes.

"That's for doubting your heritage," he hummed, "For not embracing my side of the family."

"Alright, I got punished," (Y/n) said calmly,"I'm ready to work for you, I guess."

"Oh no," the man shook his head with a laugh, "You aren't just going to start working for me first. I don't care how sure about this loyalty you are, it isn't good enough. I'm going to put you through...Let's call it conditioning, and trust me when I saw when I'm done with you, you will be a villain, and you'll be willing to do what I am to an innocent person."