Chapter 14: A Thing

Start from the beginning

"Do you plan on doing anything?" The reporter asked.

"Well I'll be traveling with Lilia to Moscow that day. I'll get to see my brother too at the Rostelcom Skate the next day." She smiled realizing it was closer than she thought.

"Are you and your brother close?" Another reporter asked.

"We talk a lot over the phone. We both encourage each other for our sports as well. I think we are pretty close." She said to the reporter.

They asked some more ballet related questions for the both of them and eventually the interviews were over. As they headed home Kaori was excited to see her brother. She texted him to let him know how excited she was. He was probably sleeping but she didn't care.

"Kaori." Lilia said as they sat in the car.

"Yes ma'am?" Kaori asked looking to her.

"You have a beautiful inspiration." She said looking to her.

"Things just played out that way I guess." She smiled. "I didn't realize it all at first."

"I know." Lilia said with a nod. "I'm glad you found it."

"Me too." She responded with a nod.

"Are Yuri and you still on good terms?" She asked looking to her.

"Yes. We are friends now." Kaori answered. They were more then friends but Kaori wasn't sure what to call it.

"Yesterday Yakov told me you two went skating after practice. It went well I assume?" She asked looks to the girl.

"Yes. I hadn't skated in a while so it was interesting. It de- stressed me." She answered.

"He said that when he was talking to Yuri he asked him if it was a date and Yuri got mad." Lilia said as she looked forward.

"That's what they must've been talking about." She said quietly. "A date?" She asked with a chuckle.

"Yes. I don't know what happened for the sudden switch of emotion from you two, but be careful." She warned caringly. It was very similar to the relationship Lilia and Yakov had in the beginning. Of course Kaori knew all about it before she even got the coaching offer.

"I will." Kaori nodded.

"I figured he liked you for some time. When he showed me your dance video I knew he had feelings for you, but I could see he was conflicted as well. I guess in a way I made you two duet so he could settle his emotions. So you could too." She confessed.

"Thank you for that." Kaori smiled lightly. "I'm happy where it is now."

"You're a beautiful girl Kaori. It was only a matter of time." Lilia said as Kaori smiled. They got to the house and walked in. Yakov and Yuri were eating dinner. Yakov told them there was still some soup warm in the pot. Kaori sat down and so did Lilia. Kaori thanked and then ate. Her and Yuri exchanged glances every once in a while, while Yakov and Lilia pretended not to notice.

"We watched the interview on tv. You did really well Kaori." Yakov said to her.

"Thank you." She smiled.