~Chapter 2 (Short)~

~~~1 Month Later

Recently, Dante has made a new friend, Travis Valkrum. Travis and Dante are close. But not as close as him and Vylad. Yeah, Travis had tried to cheer Dante up many times, but it didn't work. Garroth has became more sensitive and cautious about everything. Zane still has his evil ways, but he hangs out with his family, instead of locking himself in his room. And Zianna and Garte are trying their best to make their kids happy...

~~~

"Dante, we're going out to eat!" Gene said while looking at his phone and knocking on Dante's door.

"I-I'm good!" Dante said. "C'mon, you haven't ate in awhile... I know it's been hard for you... But you really need to eat... And if you want we can visit Vylad after..." Gene said. Dante got up and opened the door. Gene grinned. "Let's go." Gene said while walking down the stairs. Dante followed.

~~~

"C-Can I be a-alone?" Dante asked. Gene and his mom, Maria, said yes then left the room. Dante closed the door and sat on Vylad's bed.

He looked at Vylad's heart rate on the monitor then back at him. He smiled weakly while tearing up. Then he held his hand while crying.

He misses the smile that brightened up his day. He misses the goofy laugh that made him smile. He misses the funny faces that made him giggle. He misses the weird stories he made up that made him laugh. He misses lots of things about him but the thing he misses most... Are the warm hugs that make him feel happy and joyful on the inside, that made him smile.

But now... He's not sure if that can ever happen again....

Word Count: 293 words