--four--

Edmond's Point of View 

I didn't think she would actually do something like that. To me, it was heartbreaking. I shouldn't have been so harsh though because I knew what she was coming home to. She had a mean dad but she told everyone that her family was amazing and special. I only found out because I came over one night to tell her that her bike was fixed and she hadn't been answering her cell phone. There wasn't a car in the driveway, thankfully, so I went around the back to the sliding glass door on their other porch. It was always open at night, mainly for me. Raven didn't like to be alone so I would come over and keep her company. 

I came inside and saw Raven on the couch sobbing. I came and put my hand on her shoulder and she winced, got up and went to scream but when those broken eyes looked into mine, I was hurt. Why would someone on God's green earth hurt someone like her?

Seeing the girl that I loved with a bleeding nose, bruised eye, and a split lip made me want to just hold her and never ever let her go. Ever since then I had been a little protective of her and let her sneak into my room to stay the night when her dad was home. The man was always drunk, hated his kids and missed his wife. I prayed for him a lot but it just seemed to be getting worse but, I didn't stop praying. 

Today though, I had that I don't care to feel in my body. So what if her dad punished her? It wasn't me that he was punishing. I know that if I calmed down I would be fine and probably would go and check on her but right now, I know that she was hurting a lot. I sighed, going up to my room and turning on my laptop and went to check the messages on YouTube. Maybe someone was going to take her away from me. This was what she wanted anyways. I could go to her house and pretend that it was good news and watch my best friend leave. I wouldn't ever see her again besides on TV probably and be going to live shows because my parents would get me tickets. 

I seriously need to move out. 

Also, find a new love interest. 

I eventually found out that there was a sponsor that wanted to come out and see her. I went and researched the place and saw that they were a small drinking company for an energy drink that was slowly rising to fame. In this town, it wasn't really popular but I guess everywhere else it was. It wasn't a brand name yet I guess you can say but it was family owned and they were branching. So, I gave them a call and gave them her address. 

"Great," said the man on the other end of my cell phone, "We will be out there Friday afternoon," 

I hung up and texted Raven and told her what had happened. Not a moment later, after sending that text, I got a paragraph about how sorry he was and how I didn't have to worry about it much longer since she was going to be leaving. I rolled my eyes, she's said that a lot before. She wasn't going to be leaving! She always said that and the next day she would come complain to me about her father and her brother. I shook my head, why can't she just change? 

I don't care Raven. Grow up. You always do this and I am going, to be honest, I am getting sick of this. You're my friend and so I am telling you what I am thinking. Please, if you want to leave then do it. Nothing is holding you back. Not more or my "stupid God."

I sent it and threw my phone onto my bed. 

I didn't know what to do.

I knew that I should pray but right now, I didn't want to pray. I didn't want to talk to anyone about this. I just went downstairs, got on my motorcycle gear and went to the backyard and rode. I jumped the hills, I did tricks and thankfully landed them. I took out my anger on these jumps, wishing that I would never see Raven again. 

Raven's Point of View 

I looked at my phone with tears streaming down my face.

Why was he being so harsh?

Sure, I deserved all of this. I shouldn't be hating him because what he said was true but it still hurt a lot. I shook my head and put my phone in my pocket. I am happy that he had brought a sponsor to me but I wish it was when we were on good terms. It just seemed like he wanted me to leave him alone and never talk to him again. Was he trying to shove me away? 

I didn't believe in his God for a reason and he knew it. I hated Him for taking my mom away and giving me the worst father on the planet. To make everything worse, my dad and my brother were coming home today. I would usually go and be with Edmond but right now, he didn't want me anywhere near him. Why in the heck do I have to be so freaking stupid?! 

I went and cleaned the house so that I can get everything ready for my brother and my dad.  I got a message from my brother and him telling him that he was going to be here very soon. I was getting sick to my stomach. I didn't want him to be here. I didn't want him to be anywhere around me. He was going to ignore me and he was going to not help me when my dad gets drunk. He would egg him on and then he would leave me. It's almost like he knew what was going to happen. 

Were they in on this together?

I shook my head, that can't be right. My dad and my brother couldn't be in this together! There was no way! They loved me, they had to love me. They were family. 

They were the only people who loved me.