12th Cusp

Chapter 1

The Ones That Almost Got Away

Lucas was in the train sitting with his mom, little sister and Aaron. They sat quietly on either side of him. He felt happy to be going home. After the problem he and Aaron had, home was the only place he wanted to be. Nothing happened to him before, like that. Lucas still felt stressed. He had his music on, but nothing. Still felt stress. He pulled out his phone and texted Aaron, despite he was next to him. 

Hey! Wats Up?

Nuttin. HBU? I c u u kno

Yeh but you wnt hear me if i talk

yeh ur right. lol i barely hear anyway

well how freaky was that huh?

IKR? His more freaky and betta tricks off stage i guess

wat do u think he wanted?

IDK

dammit... we're goin in a tunnel. TYL

TYL bro... BTW dnt wrry about it. jus forget it

Aaron's right, Lucas thought. He just looked out the window and watched the train descend underground in seconds. 

"Are you gonna hang out more?" Lucas's mom leaned over and said close to his ear.

"NO! Uh... we're tired. We're just gonna play video games in my room and stuff."

"Okay." She turned to his sister, Sady. She looked happy suddenly and giggled. Their mom ran her fingers through her dark brown hair. 

Lucas kept listening to his music. He felt like the train took forever to get back. He turned his head to Aaron and he was also listening to music. He looked at his mom and little sister and they were staring blankly at their reflection in the window, while watching the lights in the tunnel go by. Lucas turned his head to see a lady stare at him for a second and turn her head forward. Lucas stared at her for a minute to annoy her, but she ignored him. Lucas shrugged and turned back. Then he saw a man staring at him and turned. Lucas began to feel paranoid when he turned to see the same lady turn away. Then the man looked at Aaron, so did the lady. Lucas noticed someone bending forward from the other side of his mom, also looking at him. Lucas turned and he sat back. One of the women standing in front of the door on the other side stared at them as well while she sat down in a chair diagonal from them. Two others that were sitting next to each other stared at Aaron. Lucas tapped on his shoulder. Aaron turned. For a second he realized why he lost his ex girl friend to him. Aaron's green eyes is a topic girls talk about at lunch. Aaron flipped his sandy colored hair and gave Lucas an expression that read, what? Lucas got his phone out and Aaron sighed.

There r ppl looking at us!

Ur bein paranoid again.

No! I mean it.

I dnt see anyone looking at us. Jus relax.

cmon!

Aaron didn't respond. Lucas sighed. He tried to relax. He looked at his converse. He still felt the people's eyes looking at him. He turned to his mom.

"Mom." He said.

"Yes?"

"How many more stops again?"

"Next one. It's the last one." Thank God, he whispered to himself. Aaron still didn't notice one thing. Lucas just stared at him, wondering why he didn't notice anything. Aaron notices and finds every note in a song or typo in writing. Lucas felt jealous that Aaron had creative ability. All I can do is skateboard, he thought. The train halted and Lucas was happy to see the doors slide open. He got up after his mom and sister. As he was about to get off, the doors shut right onto his hand. He pulled but felt the door close tighter each time he tried. He screamed with pain. 

"Dude... what's up." Aaron took out one of his headphones.

"My hand... ah... What do you think?" The train began again. Even though he knew he wouldn't look too manly yelling for his mom, he did it anyway. The train slid to a start. Aaron and Lucas began to worry. 

"Hey, we can get off the next one and-" Aaron began

"Aaron... people." They turned and Lucas saw the few the he recognized. 

"You're right! CAN ANYONE OF YOU HELP MY FRIEND-"

"Shut it... It's all good. The doors will open at the next stop." Lucas whispered.

"No. They're just staring." Aaron whispered back.

"Yeah they've been doing that." Lucas just looked at the door and Aaron stared back at the people. As if all in a second, the train jolted to a sudden stop which threw Aaron off his balance. He fell into the doors and slid to the floor.

 "Ow... That hurt... Sorry." Aaron realized the doors were slammed on Lucas's hand. Suddenly Lucas started screaming. 

"WHAT? WHAT? WHAT IS IT?" Aaron got back up.

"THE... DOORS... AH! SQUEEZING... MY HAND! MORE!"

"Can someone help... HONESTLY? HIS HAND IS GONNA GET CUT OFF!" Lucas turned his head to see Aaron looking desperate for help. Lucas started not to care anymore. The doors were only squeezing harder by the second.

"AH! PLEASE!" He begged. One woman stood from her seat. Aaron and Lucas were relieved someone finally got up to help. However, she only stood. Lucas turned to the door. 

"Is she gonna help?" Lucas whispered to himself

"I don't know." Aaron responded. "Miss? Are you gonna help or- OH GOD! WHAT THE- WHAT?"

"What is it?"

She- she-she..." Aaron only stared. Lucas turned and gasped. He heard the thud but thought nothing of it, but now he saw the body collapsed on the floor. Her legs and arms and head, all scattered in a pile, with her head on the seat. All of it, as if evaporated, into a could of dust and disolved. Except for her leg. It remained at it's spot, motionless.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?" Lucas didn't know what to think. 

"NOTHING! WHY WOULD YOU- THE HELL?" Aaron began to freak out more again. Lucas looked down to where Aaron was looking and saw a man's head roll down the train at Aaron's feet. "AH! GET THE HELL-" He kicked it, in spite of himself. They looked up to see a head less body fall forward and poof into a cloud of dust, like the other but the head remained this time. The two women sitting next to each other stood. They collapsed as well. The same happened and faded, but left two arms with hands. One left, one right. Another, the torso remained and another the leg remained. Lucas and Aaron only stared, mouth practically touching the floor. They saw the fingers on the hands suddenly move and wiggle. One of them dragged the arms over to the leg and dragged it toward the torso. They heard a squish and pop sound. The other hand got the other arm and began doing the same. The both hands retrieved the head. They spun the head in and Lucas and Aaron heard the same sound but more gruesome. The arms crawled backwards and turned. They inserted themselves into the torso. The, now a man, body sat upwards and got onto his knees. He then stood  and faced Aaron and Lucas. He had no face. He came toward them in only a black shroud draped over his body. Aaron cowered into the very corner as well as Lucas. They began screaming. They could almost hear each others' heart beat. They couldn't stop shaking. Suddenly the man figure stopped. He spun where he was and suddenly, they recognized him. He stood tall. Tall purple top hat, black shroud now a cape, a purple suit, and sleek and shiny black long shoes. He had a fierce mustache and sunglasses. He slid his hand over his face and the glasses turned to smoke. 

"YOU!" They both said together.

"Ha! NOW... for my next trick..." Suddenly, what looked like praying manti with wings erupted from his mouth. His body disappeared behind the cloud. Aaron and Lucas were engulfed into the cloud.