chapter 16

* chapter 16 *

Aleah's POV

As the ambulance doors swung shut, my heart skipped a beat, but not out of excitement. I was terriffed for Harry. What if he lost too much blood? Surely they can control that. But what if he's already lost too much, and they can't save him? They'll for sure take care of him. Won't they?

I ran to my car and got in, starting the engine as fast as possible.

There was a small girl being carried into the ambulance along with Harry, which I'm guessing was who I was on the phone with only moments ago.

The world seemed to be spinning around me, but also moving in such a slow pace that I felt as if I was going to go mad.

I sped as fast as I could without going too far over the limit, getting to the hospital in a record time of fourteen minutes.

I raced through the double doors of the emergency room and ran straight to the front desk.

"Harry, Harry Styles," I breathed out, panting from that sudden sprint.

"They're still working on him, he's not allowed visitors quite yet," the frail aged lady with worry lines across her forehead smiled at me.

I cursed under my breath out of pure nervousness and began pacing around the waiting room.

What if it's too late?

What if they can't save him?

Maybe he's passed out, and they just need to put a bit more blood into him to get him going again.

What if they don't have a donor?

All of these thoughts flooded my mind, worrying myself even more, if that's emotionally possible.

I decided to sit down and try to take a couple of deep breaths and send out a prayer for my baby. I don't know what I'd do if I were to lose him. I would surely lose myself. I'm trying to stay out of that dark hole that consumed me for so very long, but I fear if anything happens, I'll be drug back down into it with no return.

I found myself crying as I watched the clock. Time was moving so terribly slow and saying I was scared shitless was an understatement. Seconds turned into minutes, and minutes turned into an hour. After an hour and twenty-seven minutes and thirty-three seconds to be exact, the doors swung open.

"Harry Styles?" My head snapped up at the mention of his name. An older doctor holding a clipboard looked at me over the rims of his glasses and motioned with his hand, "come with me."

His tone of voice was low and very serious as I asked, "Doctor, is he okay?"

"He's in very critical condition. If the bullet would have been four centimeters to the left and around an inch and a half up, it would have hit him in the center of the tailbone, which could have caused permanent paralyzation."

I gasped at the words as they left the older doctors lips, feeling my eyes fill with tears, blurring my vision.

"But luckily, that wasn't the case, and yes. He will be okay with a lot of rest," he finally answered my question, feeling a huge weight being lifted off of my shoulders.

I followed the doctor through the doors and down two hallways until we reached room 34, which had a clipboard hanging on the door with Harry's name on it.

I grabbed the door handle, taking a deep breath, I twisted it and slipped inside, as the doctor left me alone.

I looked over at the frail boy in the bed who's skin was now a paleish-green colour, with IV's and different needles pressed into his skin, along with a heart monitor beeping at the slow moving rate of his heart.

I hurried to the side of the bed, taking a seat in the chair and pulling it up next to the bed, as close as I could get. I slipped my small hand into his large, cold hand, rubbing circles onto the top of his.

I didn't realize I was once again crying until the top of his hand was full of my tears.

"Please, baby, be okay," I sobbed, "you have to be strong, for me, and for yourself. We can get through this," I continued blabbing on.

"Harry, I.." I took a deep breath. "I did it again, while I was in the shower this morning. I was just missing the feeling, you know? I don't know. I'm sorry, I wasn't going to tell you because I didn't want you to worry about me, but I didn't want to keep it from you. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't stay strong for you. I promise I tried to win the battle but eventually I lost, I'm sorry. I love you so much and I'm sorry." I decided to get it all out while he was unconscious so that I could feel a bit better about myself.

I was 382% positive that Harry was asleep while I was talking, but I was proven wrong when I felt a very light squeeze on my hand, and a low, raspy voice lightly speaking, "I love you, Lea."

-

A/N

yaaaas Harry is okay, obviously

otherwise I wouldn't have been able to go on with this storyyyy.

this was kind of short but it's late and I'm really tired.

next part will be a longish authors note, you can ignore it if you'd like but I'd love it if you read it. (:

guys please comment and vote, I need to know what you think and if you like it bc if you don't idk if I should keep writing it.

pleaseeeeeeee.

comment, and vote, ily.

- jennnna :*