Chapter One: Meeting the star

Tanya's POV

"Stop chewing your nails, Maddy, it's gonna be fine." I  leaned over and grabbed Maddy's hands, pushing them away from her mouth.

"Can you blame me? What if we don't-"

"Not again." Odessa cut her off and sighed. "Relax. We've made it so far, and we'll succeed again."

"Besides, One Direction also didn't win. Look at where they are right now." Lydia pointed out.

"Right. Even if we don't win the show, I know we'll still be signed by some record company and make our music. We've worked hard so far, and it'll give us something." I said.

Approximately three minutes after my amazing pep talk, Maddy again starts chewing her nails, twirling a blonde lock with her other hand, her pearly blue eyes full of tension.

I sighed and made a mental note to google, 'How to stop a person from chewing their nails'. This was getting unhygienic.

Tic. Toc. Tic. Toc.

But no one could deny that as the clock kept on ticking, our nervousness kept on increasing.

Our journey through out X Factor had been full of challenges, be it the day we, girls who were practically strangers to each other, were asked to form a group together, or the sing-offs we had faced during the live finals, or the time we were almost eliminated, but thankfully saved by a lifeline vote.

Others had not been as lucky (or talented) as us, and had to be sent back home sooner. Maybe after coming all the way, we too wouldn't win, but it depends on how you see it, a failed journey or a positive experience.

For me, I'm grateful as I got to meet these amazing girls, sing with talented people like Enrique Iglesias, and got the support of our amazing fans.

The apartment door suddenly burst open and two panting figures were revealed, who were holding pizza boxes and had huge, silly grins on their faces.

Great. This will DEFINITELY help us.

"GURRRLS... We're here..To free you from your inner demons and soothe your soul with pizza." Charlie hollered while entering the room, almost tripping over a small rug kept near the door.

"Me too wanna say the same, in slightly less dramatic language." Dylan said, and hugged me and the girls.

"No, No...This is NOT done. I get the first hug." Charlie whined. Yes. Whined.

Never seen a grown man whine? I have. A successful, rich, eligible, talented grown man.

"What are you, six?" Odessa rolled her eyes and hugged him. All of us followed suit.

"I bet his mommy spoiled him. Right, Charlie kid?" Dylan snickered.

"This is what I get for flying all the way from Los Angeles to London." Charlie grumbled, a cute pout forming on his face.

"Enough talk. Let's get to the pizza!" Lydia promptly announced.

"I get to pick the movie!" Charlie said.

"No Way. I'm digging my eyes out with a plastic spoon if you make me watch Caddyshack once more." I said, having watched the old school comedy more than five times.