CHAPTER FOUR; SIMILAR FACE

CHAPTER FOUR;

SIMILAR FACE

April
....

The computer screen lit up the dark room of the computer lab. I let my curious mind get the best of me. One minute I was walking down the hall to leave and the next I'm in here searching up Nicole Garcia on Google.

Hundreds of articles showed Nicole's success in life. Thousands of people were praising her success and work. She had millions of admires, which doesn't surprise me beacuse it seems like where ever Nicole goes, everyone take eye of the golden goddess.

I sighed and rubbed my exhausted eyes not caring if mascara ended up on my cheeks. I clicked on the images tab and hundreds of photos showed up. I went through them. Most of them were of Nicole holding up a shiny award with a wide smile of her face. I traced her smile with my ring finger.

She caught my eye with her beauty when I first met her but now I am realizing how beauty she is. She is gorgeous on the inside and the outside. She cherishes her company so much and is extremely proud of it. She is probably the most hard working person I have ever met. She was gentle and compassionate. Nicole always seems to know what she wants in life and knows exactly how to get it.

She was perfect, too perfect. For someone to be that perfect they probably have been through hell in their life. What did Nicole go through to climb her way to the top? Just thinking about how many times she got hurt made me shiver and my stomach turn. Surely there were bruises on her but she always held them cover and not visible. She didn't let them podcast the pain. How many things did she keep to herself?

I continue to scroll through the images deciding that there was nothing really to investigate anymore until a certain picture caught my sight and twisted my mind.

There was too Nicoles? No, there was Nicole and one that looked just liked her. She was a little slimer and had black medium length hair. She features were a tad softer. She was smiling brightly with a similar smile I knew so well, exactly identical to Nicole's.

Cousins? Cousins sometimes look the same? No, I don't know. The way how the locked eyes with each other and just some type of force of energy. It was like they had a noticeable bond that no one had the power to replicate. That only leaves the option of sisters. I clicked on the search bar and typed Nicole Garcia's sister.

The word that stood out the most was MISSING.

Missing was a word that had a type of coldness that spreads through the spine of your back. I quickly click on the first article and started reading.

On November 5, 2016 Brianna Garcia was reported missing. Last being seen exiting in her apartment and entering a taxi. There was no contact between Brianna or her family. Brianna's twin sister, Nicole Garcia was first to realize that her sister was missing when she did not show up for work the next few days. Nicole immediately contacted the police and said Brianna was missing.

My eyes widen as I read. Nicole had a twin sister who went missing. The first part of her name. I was incredibly idiotic to not realize that Brianna was not related to Nicole.  I began reading more, I was hungry for more information. My heart was beating and the palms of my hands grew sweaty.

Suddenly somebody knocked on the door frame of the computer lab making me jump from my chair. The person chuckled deeply and turned on the lights. "Sorry to scare you there spider monkey." Phil says with a smile on his face.

I forced a smile upon my face, "Hey Phil." I quickly exited out of all the tabs leaving the screen to the home page. "I thought you didn't stay late."

He holds up a broom, "I do at least three times a week to clean up the place. What are you doing here?"

I glance back at the computer I was on, "Just doing some research."

"Oh sorry to have interrupt you."

"No no its okay. I was just done anyways." I pull my bag from the sit next to were I was sitting.

"Let me walk you to the front."

"Okay."

We both walked out of the room, I glance back the room. Thoughts and comments were racing through my mind like rapid fire.

"Phil?" I said once we got into the elevator. He looked at me. I just noticed how tired he looked. "Why do you stay to clean?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "I have a family to support you know. My job just doesn't cut it so I take up any job that will make any extra cash."

"You look exhausted." I commented.

He chuckles, "Because I am, but I rather be exhausted and have my wife live her dreams of attending to college."

I forrow my eyebrows, "You're married?"

"Yes I am." A huge smile spreads across his face, "Her name is Saraya. We have been married for about three years and we have a three year old daughter named Evelyn who is just the smartest kid ever. Saraya is so kind hearted and brave. She can never not have a smile on her face. She just inspires me to become a better man.

A smile epruted on my face, "You love her a lot don't you?"

He nodded his head, "More than you to image. I'll do anything for her. If that means picking up small exhausting jobs then I'll do it. As long as she's happy and living then I'm okay."

The elavator beeped indicating that we have made it to the lobby of the building. We walked out into dimmed lights and no one around.

"I hope Saraya does live out her dream. She deserves the best and she got the best."

"I guess you can say I'm the best husband in the world, huh?"

"I guess I can say that." I sent one final smile with a wave to Phil. "Take care will you."

"Sure thing miss."

"See you around Phil."

"See you around April." With that I exited out of the building and into the warm night.

END OF
CHAPTER
FOUR.

AUTHORS NOTE |
Brianna? What importance does
she have in this?

*sips tea*

I wouldn't know honestly.

(Let me just clear up that in
this story Phil is 30 and Saraya is
26 so it isn't much of
a age gap. Don't
come after me.
At least they dont have
A sixteen age gap.)

Xoxo, Sam