CHAPTER ONE; LADIE BEHIND THE DESK

CHAPTER ONE;                                                            LADIE BEHIND THE DESKApril

CHAPTER ONE;
                                                           LADIE BEHIND THE DESK
April
....

I smiled gratefully at a black car that has stopped to let me walk by. I was used to the big city traffic but New Jersey traffic was nothing compared to New York's traffic especially when its early in the morning and everyone is rushing to get to work. I speed walk as fast as I can so I won't get run over a truck and die when I haven't even started my first day at a new job that I've recently applied at.

As much as I love my sister, I was little annoyed at her constent nagging at me getting a real job. Writing is a real job. I mean there's a chance my books wouldn't get published but it made me happy. My sister had finally made me apply a application to be a assistant for the owner who owns a lingerie company by the title of Birdiebee. Never heard of it? Trust me I didn't either till my sister told me. Apparently its the biggest lingerie company in the nation. Its constantly coming out with new lingerie and opening stores around the globe. Its owned by a woman by the name of Nicole Garcia. I haven't even met the woman but already her name is practically screaming dominance.

I was living in my hometown in New Jersey before I got the job. When I apply they said I could just Skype with one of the head workers named Danielle. I was just answering whatever came on my mind. I didn't have the desire to go all out to land me the place. I wasn't sure if I was going to get the job since a ton of people applied and had much more experience, but I guess my interview was good enough to get me the spot as Nicole Garcia's assistant.

The tall fancy building appear in my vision. Unlike the rest of the buildings that were simply and nothing to it, Birdiebee was gold and tall. I gulp already feeling defeated. I probably should of let one of those cars hit me.

I push past feeling imitated and walk towards the building. I could already tell that this Nicole Garcia loves the fancier things. The lobby was beautifully decorated with leather chairs, golden walls with mirrors, and on the ceiling had a huge chandelier dangling over my head.

"Wow." I muttered to myself as I admired everything. I felt so out of place. This was not me at all. Due to my lack of paying attention to where I was going, I bumped into a person.

"Ow fuck." I heard a lady muttered as she composed herself. Her fiery red hair surrounded me in perfect curls. Her menacing eyes glared at me.

"Oh I'm so sorry." I apologize quickly.

My eyes drifted to the golden M necklace hanging from her neck.
"They should really stop with theses charity work." With that she bumped my shoulder softly and walked out of the building.

I rolled my eyes at her rude manner. I wasn't going to let something so little ruin my day. With that, I walked towards the elevators and pressed the button remembering the directions Danielle had given me. Before the doors could shut fully a tattoo hand stopped them from shutting. A tall lean man heavily tattooed walked in holding a huge box that looked heavy.