Chapter 4 - The Animal

Surprisingly, the two women sat at the opposite of one another on couches. Felix sat next to his mother and was deep in thought.. until Fany walked in the room. Felix straightened up and glared at Fany intensely. Fany didn't respond in anyway, just tending his attention to his caretaker whom had stress marks lining her face.
"This is the boy?" The woman spoke monotony, hiding her fear.
"Apologizes must be in order, hm?" Fany's granny smiled and stood to take Fany by his shoulders, the mother of Felix doing the same towards Felix.
Once stood face to face, Felix snarled with annoyance. "He's a monster! Monsters hurt people momma! They don't apologize-"
"Felix-" His mother spoke outwardly before whispering the rest of the sentence to his ear. Their eyes rested upon Fany as they spoke secretly. Fany felt his ears drop with guilt before sticking his hand out.
"I'm sorry, Felix." Fany spoke a serious tone as he stiffened his hand in front of him.
Felix had a facade of a 'happy' smile, still being ridden with fear. He stuck his hand on Fany's and gave a weak shake. "Never again." Felix snarled mischievously before being guided to the door by his mother.
"This won't be the last time people like us will see your.. monster." The mother slammed the front door behind her, scurrying back to her home.
"That woman! How dare she-" The elder woman started to rant but was stopped by a quiet sniffle from the boy in front of her. Fany turned himself to reveal quiet tears that had fallen. He kept his face stern through it all.
"Oh my dear." The woman gently wrapped her arms around her him. "What's wrong?" The man questioned softly.
"I don't understand..." Fany said with doubt. "I think you understand completely. They don't understand the unknown." The woman drew back and looked Fany sternly in the eye.
"But- you don't understand me? I'm a different being with blue blood." Fany argued only making the elder couple smile.
"It's all to do with reactions. We took you in while they would leave you in the snow, or I would assume. We want to understand, Fany. We want you to feel at home before we find your real home." The woman smiled again with Fany doing the same before nodding his head.
"I still have a lot to understand as well." The boy held his head as if he had been hit with knowledge. The couple chuckled at his behavior and went back to their daily lives, leaving Fany to his exploration.

The next day popped by. They rested at breakfast before the eerie doorbell played unexpectedly. Two men stood tall at the same length to another. Once the woman opened the door, Fany moved straight to the elder man, feeling them as a threatening presence.
They brought their badges up to the woman in unison. Their faces were almost identical, including their outfits. "We wish to speak about yesterday's events." Their voices were monotone.
"Who are they, dear?" The man yelled from the breakfast table. Fany started to tug rapidly at the man's shirt. The man stayed composed before his wife responded. "They're from the government, wanting to ask about yesterday." She spoke hesitantly, only making Fany jump with fear. "They'll hurt me." Fany whispered and gripped the elder man's shirt even harder as the two coated men walked in.
They both scanned the room with their dead beady eyes before landing on Fany. Before they could Acquaint themselves, they started to walk towards Fany. The woman hesitated and walked in front of them. "Why don't we ta-Ahh!" One of the men stopped the elder woman by a simple touch of an index finger. She fell to the ground in agony as her body acted out a seizure. The elder man gasped in horror as Fany gripped and pleaded the him to get away.
The man finally listened and hurried to the back door. The two men silently followed them in a fast pace.
The elder man grabbed the nearest coat and beanie and placed it on Fany as they kept their fast pace through the back yard. Fany's fast feet kept them a well distance from the two men.
They came to the fence and the old man propped him up. "You need to come with me!" Fany pleaded. "My old bones won't do well, Fany." He smiled weakly.
"Run boy. We'll be okay. We love you."
"No-" Fany argued as he was thrown over the fence harshly. He stayed at the other side of the fence for a quick second before he heard the elder man yelp in agony and bang himself against the fence.
Fany closed his eyes and started to run as fast as he could. He tripped many times as the landscape fluxes through small hills and a deep forest. This forest had been dead and large, making it easy to lose those men.
Fany's instincts kicked in immediately through this journey. Every sound but his own made his ears flick towards them immediately as he kept running.
As he stopped, checking his surroundings, he'd been completely alone. The moaning of the trees made him feel isolated. The wind made him fall to his knees upon the cold snow. He hugged his coat close to him, the smell of the warm house upon it.
He found himself sobbing as he pulled his beanie over his ears. The thought of losing them had finally troubled him. The warm smiles and hugs they'd brought him had all withered away with a single touch of those strange men.
A sudden shuffling had brought him back to his feet.
"Your life sounds hard." A dark voice toned into Fany's ears. Fany scanned the area and found a dark small figure whom that had been staring him down.
"I really need help as well... maybe we could help each other?" The figure moved in front of him and spoke persuasively.
"Are you an animal?" Fany hitched his breath as he questioned.
"More than that, Fany. I can help with those men... they can go away with one simple touch from me." The entity grinned widely.
         "How did you know my name?" Fany took a small step backwards, feeling the need to run away to lay low for a while but he didn't. He didn't run for the reason that the being stated, he'd been in trouble and this thing could possibly help!
          "Never mind that, boy. Let's hurry to your loved ones, they need our help." The being formed a shadow like hand out before him.
            Fany took a moment before he placed his hand upon the being's.

       "We will be unstoppable." The being started to cackle loudly, making the bird upon trees squawk and fly away.
       Fany's ears went immediately down  as he felt something cling onto him from within.
       He started to scream as this being started to tear through his insides. Fny felt himself fall and get up endlessly, squirming with pain. A black essence attached to Fany's heart. His vision distorted and refocused but this time with immense vision as his eyes glowed like a cat in the night. As soon as he felt it all stop, there was this singing of charred skin on his back. He felt his back slowly with on hand. His tender skin was textured into a symbol that he has yet to see completely.
        Fany stood still in fear, rethinking his decision quickly.
        "Pathetic, really. You're dumber than a mouse. Or at least, you were very desperate for a 'savior'. Let's see how your pathetic family is, hmm?" The voice of the animal made Fany tremble. As it spoke those words, Fany's lips moved without his order.
         His body started to move toward from which he came, back to the elder's house without his control.
          Fany started to scream yet was kept internally by the animal. The animal continued its way back, jumping over the fence and seeing no one in sight.
          "Why are you doing this?!" Fany yelped internally.
           "I've been waiting for this since birth, nothing will stop me." The animal snarled and continued its tracks as Fany kept screaming and fighting for his body back.