~2~

*Three months earlier*

"Juliet Anne Diaz! It's time to go now," I heard my mother shout from downstairs.

"Coming," I groaned back.

My name is Juliet and I am a 17 year old girl who lives in NYC with my mother Sarah. My father left us when I was three. I have brown hair with light curls and blue eyes. M height is bellow average, meaning that I am short, but I like it. Over the years, my mum has dated a lot, I mean A LOT of guys and we are currently going to meet yet another one of her stupid boyfriends: Mark.

"This is going to be so exciting, don't you think?" mum was way more excited than a normal person would be. She straight up acted like a teenager. We found our seats on the flight and sat down. Mark was living in LA, and that is pretty much all I cared to know. "And did I tell you about Mark?" she asked.

"Yes mum. You did." I said and managed to sound less annoyed than I were. 

"Okay, tell me about him then," mum challenged me.

"He's 42, he lives in LA, he works as a police officer and you met him online. Will we be back for new years eve? I wanna hang with my friends, and maybe kiss Lucas." Only the hottest guy in school.

Completely ignoring me, mum continued. "I might have forgotten to tell you, but Mark has got two sons. Adrian and Tristan. One of them is as old as you are."

"Funny," I said sarcastically. "So, will we be back for new years eve?" I desperately added.

"Er..no honey. We'll spend it in LA with Mark and his sons." And with that she put her headphones in her ears and relaxed her head against the seat and closed her eyes.

"Great," I muttered to myself and put my own headphones in and pressed play on my favorite playlist.

I then decided to text my best friend.

Juliet: Won't be home for new years...

She answered quickly, like she always did.

Abigail: That sucks honey. But what about Lucas?

I sighted as I wrote my reply.

Juliet: I know... :(

Abigail: So, are you in LA yet?

I declined when the flight attendant offered me a bottle of water.

Juliet: No..still on the plane. And btw mum told me that Mark has kids. Two sons. And one of them is as old as us.

Abigail: Oooooh!! ;) ;) Text me when you meet your future brothers in law ;)

I gasped and typed a quick reply.

Juliet: Don't say that! Hopefully this is only one of her short romances. Like the always are.

Abigail: I have to stop texting now or else Chad will take my phone away from me.

I chuckled and put my phone on my lap and closed my eyes as well.

Abigail and I have been friends since forever. It started in kindergarten when she saved me from the mean girls: Amanda, Jade and Samantha. We bonded over having the same favorite color and it has been the two of us ever since.

Abigail's got green eyes and natural brown hair. When we were 13 she started to dye her hair into different colors and over the years she's had blonde hair, dark brown hair, black hair, two different colors of red hair, five different types of pink hair, blue hair with green dip dye, purple hair with pink highlights, and much more. She's an interesting and spontaneous girl and that's why Chad asked Abigail out two years ago. They have been boyfriend-girlfriend ever since.