IX

Your POV:
"So explain how you're powers work," Peter asked as he grabbed my hand and intertwined it with his.
We continued down the block on the way to school. Ever since I'd told Peter about my powers, he'd been constantly questioning me, completely fascinated by them.
"Well basically I'm just converting emotions into a physical state. Each emotion is triggered by a specific chemical reaction and I'm just congealing the energy from that reaction into one spot."
We stopped at the front of the school and he took both of my hands,
"You're freakin' awesome, you know that?"
"Yeah, Quicksilver. You're not too bad yourself," I said with a sly grin.
He kissed my cheek and stated,
"I'll see you after school."
"You're not coming in?"
"No, I'm ditching. There's only two days left, I think it'll be okay."
"Do you want me to come with?"
"Nah, I know you're looking forward to your Advanced Physics exam, you weirdo."
"So what? I'm a dork for science."
"I'm a dork for you."
"You're a dork, period."
I smiled as I watched laughter consume his face. It made my chest feel warm and weightless.
"See ya, ___."
"Later, Maximoff."

The school day went surprising fast, but most of my thoughts were occupied by Peter. During my last period I stared out the window and could see gray clouds looming overhead. We would have to walk home in the rain.
I walked out of the building not long after the bell sounded, and Peter was waiting for me on the abiding corner.
I smiled when I sensed his calm presence and kissed him when I met him there. Our kiss was broken by a couple of raindrops beginning to fall on us.
"Aw, man," I said looking up at the sky.
"I can get you home before it rains," Peter said as he looked around to make sure no one was watching us.
"It's okay, Peter. You don't have to—"
But it was too late, he had already picked me up in his arms and dashed off.

Peter's POV:
The world suddenly slowed down around me, almost coming to a complete stop.
I looked at her in my arms. I knew she couldn't even see me at this moment; I was moving so fast that the world to her now was just a hazy blur.
But to me, it was crystal clear.
Her soft eyes, that melted my insides every time I looked at them. The smile that was strung across her face.
I placed my hand on the back of her head, protecting her from the harsh wind. A harsh wind that blew her hair wildly around her face, but to me, was as gentle as a breeze waving the trees.
Man, I wouldn't trade this girl for all the cassette tapes in the entire world.
I swerved a little, dodging raindrops as they lazily floated down and avoiding getting her wet.
Usually I can't stand how slow the world moves, but this time was different. This time, I was grateful that this moment felt like an eternity. That for a while, it only felt like it was me and her in the world.
However, despite the sluggishness of everything, the moment still wasn't slow enough.

Your POV:
In a flash of blurred colors we were already there, standing on my porch as the rain now began to steadily pour down. There was a sudden pain pounding against my head.
He took his bomber jacket off and held it up over the two of our heads,
"Sorry about the headrush. It shouldn't last long."
I smiled,
"It's okay, I got it."'
I pressed my hand to my forehead for a minute and converted the pain in my head into a dark and ugly mass of energy. I placed the other hand to my chest, the other still holding the dark energy, and drew a little happiness, converting it into light energy. I combined the two energies and they immediately neutralized each other, dissipating into the air.
Peter looked at me with wonderstruck eyes.
"So...now you're head doesn't hurt?"
"Nope. It's fine, now."
"That's amazing."
"Are you kidding? You were running so fast that you got me to my house before a single raindrop touched the ground. I'm pretty sure that's faster than the speed of sound waves," I said nerding out on the science behind it a little too much.
He placed his hand on my shoulder and pressed our lips together.
I smiled up at him,
"You wanna come inside? I've got Pink Floyd."
"And miss the endless parties I've planned to go to with my countless number of friends?" he said jokingly.
I laughed and replied,
"Fine. Then I get 'Meddle' all to myself."
"No, it's okay. You're cool enough, I guess."
I rolled my eyes, took him by the arm, and pulled him inside.