fifteen

you leaned against my shoulder, the both of us sitting on a park bench.

"i know i rarely say this but, thank you."

"what do you mean?" i asked.

you huffed and looked up at me, with your puffy eyes prior to the crying that happened before hand.

"for dealing with my ugly stupid ass." you said, leaning on my shoulder once again. but this time you wrapped your arms around one of mine.

"soonyoung, don't say that about yourself, especially if it isn't true." i said, not even noticing how weird i started to feel.

it was weird. it was completely normal for you to hug me, and yet this is bothering me. my whole face was beginning to turn red whilst my stomach felt as if it was about to explode.

"i don't know if it's because i haven't had any human contact for the past week or something, but i'm really grateful for you." you hugging my hand tightly, as my face turned even more red.

we stayed like this, in silence. after awhile, it hit me.

"hey soonyoung?"

"hm?"

"i-"

i stopped myself.

"i'm hungry, you want to go get something to eat?" i asked, completely abandoning my other thought. "i'll pay."

you looked up at me and gave me a confused look.

"as much as i love the idea of you paying for me, it's 2am." you stated, even taking out your phone to prove your point.

"there's a 7eleven nearby, it's open twenty four hours." i reached into my pocket to make sure i had my wallet, "i think i can buy-"

the growl that your stomach made cut me off, making us both laugh.

"what are we waiting for? let's go!" you smiled and dragged me off of the bench, the both of us walking out of the park and down the street to the 7eleven.