Acting

The evening had been a torture just for being so damn close to Hermione, the brunette didn't have to do anything to make Fleur feel that way, so uncertain

The evening had been a torture just for being so damn close to Hermione, the brunette didn't have to do anything to make Fleur feel that way, so uncertain. Just being there was enough to make the blonde question every single word that she thought about saying. For so long she had thought she was crazy for believing that she had indeed met this wonderful girl.

Truth be told, they were never close. Hermione had always caught Fleur's eye, since she first saw the curly haired little girl back at her first visit at Hogwarts. She had known for the very first second her eyes found those brown eyes that they were meant for each other. She had found the one, the one she had been looking for without knowing, the missing piece she didn't know was missing. But the fact that the one was a girl, had caught her off guard. She didn't mind no, but the rest of the school might, and the brunette was so young, that's when she made her decision to let some time pass. To let the other grow, as for humans, loving was more of a choice than it was for her. Fleur knew that Hermione could be happy with someone else, for her on the other hand, the mere thought of that was like passing a knife through her skin.

Every time she passed by the witch she cut herself a little deeper. She knew she couldn't ruin this, and that year with everything, the fact that she would eventually return to her school, the tournament and Viktor Krum. How she hated his guts. How could she compete with a strong, handsome and nice boy? Hermione probably didn't even think about being with a girl. Truth that being a veela gave Fleur some power and she could have almost anyone she wanted at her feet. It was usually very easy knowing if a person could not fall for her thrall, very few were those who were immune. Hermione was one of them, mates usually were, love had to be fought for, had to be earned, for that reason she knew she couldn't just go to Hermione and open her heart out. On her last day at Hogwarts she made a promise to herself, once they were adults, to fight for the brunette, with all her strength. They would be together, she believed that, and that was all that made her go through the next years.

Eventually, she was able to have a few distractions with boys and girls, here and there, but her soul would be forever Hermione's. All of them fell for her, fell hard, it wasn't their fault and not really Fleur's either. A veela needs that kind of relationship to survive, they need the lust. Fleur knew it wasn't fair to those she chose to be with, she knew she was merely using them to pass time until the real thing was possible, but she also knew that if she didn't have that contact she would get weak, the veela in her blood would take control to get what she wanted, and that Fleur could not afford. It would be a disaster, she made a promise she intended to keep until it got to a time where it wasn't enough anymore, her body craved for a specific scent, one specific soul.

It was time, she needed to find Hermione, then again fate was cruel and the war came. Hermione being friends with Harry Potter was always in the middle of a dangerous situation. That's when she met Bill, such a nice guy, fell for her instantly and she had been so long without someone, the animal inside her spoke louder, poor Bill, Fleur didn't want to use him, he was always so nice, gentle, understanding. It was easy being with him, she truly believed that he would've fallen for her without her thrall, sadly for him her heart wasn't for him. It hurt using him, but also hurt losing him, she made a friend, the first outside her family in forever. She decided to talk to him, tell him that she didn't love him, she was going to when he showed a picture of his family and she recognized Hermione's friend. That was her chance to get close to her again, but that would mean that she had to use Bill. He wanted her to meet his family and friends, it was the perfect opportunity. She didn't want to, but it had been too long, he started talking about his siblings and when he got to Rony, her heart stopped at the moment he said that his best friend Harry Potter and his girlfriend, would be there. Girlfriend. Hermione did find somebody. She had to do something, she couldn't let that go too far, Hermione didn't know any better, what she could have with Fleur. That knowledge only the veela had.