Chapter 7

Chapter 7

{Valentine's POV}

"You're doing it wrong!" Lou cried dramatically, waving her arms over her head. "It's one-two-three-four-one-two-three! Do it again. Cassie, you're not putting effort on your jumps! Valentine, you're late."

I sighed and went to my position. Our first big performance was coming up and I barely did anything right. "I'm so sorry, Lou. I was held up in detention." Her eyebrow raised.

"Detention? Did I hear right? You were in detention?" She asked. I rolled my eyes and nodded. Was that so hard to believe? "What did you do?"

"I was dragged in with Farrah," I said, stretching my legs out, sitting into a butterfly position.

Lou tsked and told me to stretch quickly because she was planning something big for the first performance two weeks from now.

"What's up?" I asked the person beside me, who happened to me Alyana. She's a quiet girl who was a very good ballerina.

"I don't know. I think Lou wants us to do a mash-up." Mash-ups, like in the music industries, were a collaboration of dances put in together in harmony.

"Alright! Gather 'round, everyone!" Lou said in a loud voice. "As some of you know, I'm planning a mash-up. But I've got a problem. I don't know if some of you know how to do other dances aside from the norm." She said. Yep, my dance coach had one wicked lingo.

"Why won't we just group ourselves based on the dances we know?" I suggested. Lou nodded, indicating to do it now. I stood up and smiled. I knew what I was up to.

"All girls who dances ballet will go with Alyana, girls who dances hip-hop will go with Natasha, girls who dances alternative goes with Indiana, and divergents go with me." I announced.

"Divergents?" Lou raised her eyebrow

"It's a book title." I shrugged. I just had to, okay?

After that, dance practice was pretty much hectic. We made ideas and put it all together to make something awesome. After practice, I hit the showers. Our school's showers were surprisingly clean. Why, you might ask, is because we had our own gym just for dance. And you could take a wild guess who paid for most of it. Yup, your's truly's mother.

"Hey, you going to the party at Conner's tonight?" Alyana asked me.

"I don't think so," I replied. "I've got plans tonight."

"Oooh, with Hunter Blakewood?" She wiggled her eyes at me teasingly.

"Why is it that everyone calls him using his full name?" I rolled my eyes.

"He's a god, and you're lucky to be engaged with him." She gave off a dreamy sigh.

"I'm not so lucky as you think I am," I laughed. "He's so annoying."

"Consider yourself lucky, Val." She said then left the shower room quickly. What just happened?

As soon as I got out, I spotted Hunter talking to Lou. I hesitantly walked over to them.

"Congratulations, Val!" Lou gave me a bug smile.

"On what?" I asked, puzzled. She laughed and looked at Hunter.

"On the engagement, duh." She beamed.

"Ummm... thanks, I guess?"

"She's just getting used to the fact of being my fiancée," Hunter said apologetically.

"Um, Lou.. can you excuse us for a moment?" I said.

"Sure!" She grinned and winked at me before leaving us. I turned to Hunter.

"What have you been feeding these people, that we're engaged?" I asked him angrily.

"We are engaged, Valentine. Live with it, I leaned to accept my fate. You should too." He bit out angrily and stalked off.

I stared at his back, gaping like a stupid starstruck fool.

"Hey, you okay there? What did he say, he looked kinda angry," Alyana said.

"I merely told him off." I dismissed. "I'm off. See you on Friday, Ally." I waved at her.

"Bye, Val." She nodded and left as well.

I walked down the empty halls, rubbing my shoulders with my hands. I knew it was a bad idea to wear a tank top today after practice.

"Valentine, you're mom told me to give you a ride home." A familiar voice said from behind me. I grinned to myself.

"Where's Farrah?" I asked.

"Swim team practice, I think." Dan said.

"Okie dokie!" I laughed going straight to his car. I sometimes rode by myself, but Farrah usually brings me to school. Like on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

"So is it true?" He asked.

"What is?" I asked, before taking a gulp of my water.

"That you and Blakewood are engaged because he got you pregnant?" I spit my water in surprise.

"What?! I'm not pregnant! You should know that!" I shrieked.

"Calm down, Val. It's the word of Trinity."

"Exactly! who believes the shit she says? It's so stupid! How could you listen to her crap?" I angrily said.

"Look, I'm just trying to confirm it."

"We are engaged, yes. But I am far from being pregnant!" I said. By this time, we were driving closer to my house now. Thank the gods.

I hastily opened the door and hurried out of his car. How could this happen in just a few days? Even I wondered myself.