Chapter 13

Harry

"Shut up. Oh my god, just stop talking. You're annoying."

"How am I annoying? This whole thing was your idea in the first place."

"Well I didn't think you would take it this far."

"Take it this far? You're being dramatic. It's not like I'm teasing you until you break. You're just a sore loser."

"I am not!"

"Yes, you are!"

Felicity pokes me right in the chest and frowns with her brows drawn together. The look of disapproval on her face is just enough to annoy me some more while also making me think about how I'm acting. I'm acting like a child.

For the past hour, the two of us have been playing some word game that she made up, and in the last thirty minutes she has been kicking my ass in it. I think it's because she's the creator of this game, so she knows how to win it and obviously is cheating. There's no way she's this good at a game she just made up. She has to be twisting the rules in her favor or something because this is getting ridiculous.

Sometimes I get pretty competitive, and to see her winning all these rounds makes me so frustrated. I don't like to lose, especially when the idea to play a game like this was my idea to start with. Therefore, I don't want to play anymore. She can call me a sore loser all she wants because I don't give a fuck. It's my car, my rules.

"Fine. We'll stop playing the game. But for the record, I was totally kicking your butt," she folds her arms across her chest and sits back in the seat with a smug look on her face. I can't help but roll my eyes at her, trying to hide an amused smile on my face from breaking through. "How much longer until we get there?"

"Probably twenty minutes."

"Are we going to meet up with your friend right away?"

I shake my head as I look down at my watch. "I don't think so. Niall usually stays out late at night and doesn't get up until the afternoon. I'll be surprised if he calls before one. So I'd say we have a solid hour until we meet him. We can roam around the city until then."

"Well that sounds good to me," she smiles as her eyes light up. It's nice to see her looking happy and excited rather than an irritated expression directed at me. She's a lot more fun to be around when she is like this. She's playful and bubbly, and I actually enjoy it. "So what is this guy like?"

I think back to all the times Niall and I spent together when we were in school. The two of us were inseparable. He's seen a lot of shit in my life, and just like Lou, he's been there for me when I needed someone. He's the brother I never had, and I'm frustrated with myself for not reaching out to him for this long. We never go more than a week without talking and it's been months. I don't know what happened but I hope that things aren't awkward when we see him.

When I chatted with him on the phone, it didn't seem like he was upset we haven't talked for a while. I was pleasantly surprised to find out he is just as excited as I am to meet up, even if it's just for one night. Niall didn't hesitate at all to invite Felicity and I over to stay at his place. He doesn't even know the girl and he has no problem letting her sleep in his apartment, which shouldn't sound so surprising. 

"Niall is like the energizer bunny," I laugh as I respond to Felicity's question. "He's just full of life and so much energy, I don't know how he does it. He never shuts up, he's loud as hell, he's really funny, and sometimes he can be very annoying. He reminds me of you."

"Hey!" Felicity interjects, playfully smacking me on the arm.

"I'm only kidding! Maybe," I chuckle as I switch lanes on the highway. "He's really cool. One thing you'll notice about him is the way he talks. He's outrageously southern and his little phrases will make you laugh. You might not understand him at first, but you'll like him."