~Chapter 1~

Vylad passed through the hallways of Phoenix Drop. Simply having no idea of where he's going. Zane is asking Gene to get into his gang and Garroth ran off with Laurance.

~~~

He heard lots of whispering as he sat down in his seat, which was in the back of the class. He sat next to a blue haired male.

"Are you the new kid?" The bluenette asked. Vylad nodded as he looked down. He usually keeps quiet when he meets people because he's shy. "Well, my name is Dante. I'd be glad to show you around school." Dante said with a kind smile. "O-Okay..." Vylad muttered.

~~~A Few Weeks Later...

"C'mon Vylad! Please!" Dante begged. "No..." Vylad said quietly. "Then if I can't go to your house, can I walk you there?!" Dante asked. Vylad shook his head.

"He's so desperate..." Vylad thought. "Pleaseeeee!" Dante said as he put his hands together. "I'll be fine..." Vylad muttered. "You've been to my house but I've never been to yours! It's just one time!" Dante said. "Fine..." Vylad said as he started walking. "Yessssss!" Dante muttered as he followed Vylad.

Vylad had a small smile plastered on his face. Dante stood next to Vylad and said, "It's nice to see you smile." Dante smiled. A faint blush spread across Vylad's face.

Dante chuckled then looked in front of them. He saw that the sign for crossing the street was red so he put his arm in front of Vylad, which actually was in front of his face. "First of all I'm not a baby, and second of all I can't see!" Vylad pouted. "Sorry!" Dante put his arm down. Vylad smiled and let out a giggle. Dante smiled then said, "You're so cute!"

Vylad blushed then looked up and saw the countdown on the sign. "Dante! C'mon!" Vylad said as he started walking across the street. "Vylad!" Dante yelled.

3...
2...
1...

Then Everything Went Black...

It was too late. Vylad didn't make it. Dante thought it was all his fault. All the cars stopped on the road. Dante ran up to Vylad to see scratches, cuts, and a few broken bones. Dante teared up and fell to the floor.

The driver that hit Vylad got out the car and immediately called 911.

~~~

"Why have you never brought this up?!" Dante said while fighting his tears. "I-I didn't think i-it was n-necessar-" "You thought it was not necessary to mention you have a younger sibling that no one cares about?! He's been bullied at school! He's been lying to me that he fell a few times because of soccer! He doesn't have any friends besides me! You're never there for him! I bet Zane doesn't even pay attention to him! He's always asking Gene to join his stupid gang! And you... You never hang with him. Once you get to school you skip your gay *** to Laurance and leave Vylad alone! I already know Zianna is at a concert with Sylvana and my mom and your dad is on a business trip! They probably don't know we're at the hospital now! I know Vylad and I only met a few weeks ago but he's like a brother to me! He's opened up to me, he talks to me, and he always wants to be by my side. But I still don't get why you thought why it's not necessary to mention someone that's, supposed, to be important to you. And I don't get why this happened. I don't get why it happened to him not me. I should've been the one to get hit. I should've stopped him. I could've saved him. But at that moment... I couldn't move. I couldn't reach out. I couldn't do anything besides saying his name. I-I failed h-him..." Dante said then he teared up and put his back against the wall.

Zane looked a Vylad sadly and quietly cried. Garroth clutched onto his shirt and cried. Laurance hugged Garroth as he felt sad for him. "I-I'm such a-a h-h-horrible, s-selfish brother." Garroth cried more.

~~~5 Days Later...

Dante has been quite depressed and angry at Garroth and Zane for the past few days. He hasn't ate or drank anything. He hasn't slept well. He always had the same nightmare of Vylad getting hit. Zianna came home 3 days ago because she heard about the news. Even though she's sad she keeps a smile on her face for Zane and Garroth. Meanwhile Garte never really cared for him because Vylad is not his son. So he stayed on his business trip. Zane has been really quiet about his emotions. He might cry every once in a while, only in his room though. Garroth has been self conscious ever since Dante gave that speech. And most people at school don't care.

And the one thing that breaks Dante's heart... Is that he caused the whole thing.

Word Count: 833 words