Chap 10

"They're here for us, aren't they?" Sara asked.

"Well yeah, I guess only for you two and not Jess."

Jack turned and went to the Sheriff's table.

"We can't trust him Sara", Seth whispered to his sister.

"Excuse me Sheriff?"

"We have to run."

Seth grabbed the hands of his mate and started to make his way to an exit.

"Wait. What's he doing?"

"I hope he's not selling us..."

"I was just wondering what your town's policy is regarding concealed firearms."

"Excuse me?"

"There's a whole lotta guns coming in right now."

After talking to the sheriff, Jack motioned the three teens to follow him. The door opened and men in Black suits came in. They were looking around the crowd, searching for the little group. Suddenly, one of the men in suits took out two guns and others followed suits, pointing the guns at each other. Jess was clinging to Seth's arms as they searched for a way outside while carefully watching the scene before them.

"This is not good", Jack whispered.

The group turned around and came face to face with Tina.

"Shh! Follow me."

She opened a door and pointed to a ladder.

"Up there."

"Thank you Tina."

Jess smiled at the waitress, before she followed Seth inside the small room. Jack climbed up first and tried to open the hatch, but it was locked.

"There's a lock on the outside, we gotta find another... hey! Hey!"

Seth had climbed up when Jack went back down. He used his abilities and pushed his hand through the hatch. He opened it after a few seconds.

"Or we could do that", Jack said impressed, "Whatever that is."

"My brother has the ability to control his molecular density. Which allows him to phase through solid objects... or withstand great impacts", Sara answered.

She gave Jess a small smile when she said the last thing about the impact.

"That's neat, real neat", Jack commented.

They climbed up the ladder one by one and went to the other side of the roof. There was standing a trailer. Jack jumped down first. He caught Sara and then Seth, who then held his arms up to Jess. She looked over the trailer to the ground. It was very high up and definitely too high for her.

"Jess?"

She looked down nervously while she shakily sat down on the edge.

"Come on Jess. I'll catch you. I promise."

Seth gave her an assuring smile. She smiled back at him nervously. Jess began counting inside her head. When she counted three, she pushed herself off of the trailer and closed her eyes. Instead of landing on the ground, two arms wrapped around her body and held her close to someone. Her heartbeat was very fast as she opened her eyes. Seth was looking down at her with love and adoration evident in his eyes.

"Are you okay?" he asked her.

"I think so..."

"Hey, we have to go", Jack whisper-yelled.

The couple looked at him and noticed a dog standing next to Sara.

"Come on, let's go get the car."