Chapter 3 {You Aren't Perfect}

Start from the beginning

"I don't really-" I started but Alex's face went hard and mean, "Your going." She stated and led the man out of my apartment, leaving.

I rolled my eyes, "Guys." I mumbled to myself, plopping on to the couch and closing my eyes.

*ding*

My phone buzzed from the table, I quickly picked it up.

Lena.

I opened it, Hey Kara, wanna go to breakfast with me tomorrow, maybe at 9 or 10?

I smiled, breakfast...with Lena...heaven.

Sure! I will meet you at your office! 💕

I instantly regretted sending the heart, starting to type it was a mistake.

Okay, see you then. 💙

Oh. She sent it back. I smiled, deleting the text I had started to right.

I smiled widely, but then texted Winn.

Hey Winn, so Alex is forcing me to go on a double date with a g u y. Can you go with me?

Since he had to work today, he responded quickly.

Yeah sure, anything for my gay best friend. 🙂🙃

Smh. Your an idiot sometimes.

Yes, yes I am.

I chuckled at our conversation, but we kept talking through the rest of the day, having a pretty good time.

He eventually brought up Lena, and made a bunch of jokes about it, in a nice and funny way.

He even FaceTimed me as he drove here,  as I flashed around the house getting ready.

He was wearing a white button up and black jeans, I'm wearing a blue skirt, and a black cotton shirt.

I curled my hair, and pinned some of it back.

He face timed me walking up to my door, and knocked, laughing about it as I opened it.

He ended the call and then smashed my into a hug.

"I'm so ready for some food." He said as he stepped back.

"Same." I walked out, locking the door and leaving the apartment complex, ready to have this double date thing.

-------------------

I sat across from Alex and her boyfriend, Jake, stuffing my face with food so I didn't have to speak.

Winn had spoken a little but just stayed out of the conversation as much as he could.

"So, Kara, I know you and Winn aren't dating, so who's the special man in your life."

As she made the word 'man' sound different, a flash back formed into my mind.

Flashback

I laughed as Ella, my friend in the 8th grade joked about birds and flying in front of cars but never getting hit.