Chapter 8: A Ring in the Pond

Start from the beginning

"Yes, that's true, but they're also refering to Yo-kai that disguise themselves as humans. If they're revealed to be Yo-kai, all Yo-kai might get blamed for any crimes commited, making things tense between the human and Yo-kai Realms and we don't need a war starting up, dang it!"

Nate and Katie quickly stood back up and went back to their friends before they suspected that something was up.

"Sorry to hear that, Bear. What are you going to do now?"

"I'm going to keep looking. You guys are more than welcome to help me if you want."

"What does the ring look like?"

"Oh, it was gray with some engraved symbols. I know it sounds vague, but I don't have a better way to describe it. Nate, Katie, can you guys check by the riverbank? I know I walked by there on my way to Mount Wildwood. Eddie and I are going to check around the school. We'll meet back here after we're done searching."

Bear and Eddie went off in one direction while Nate and Katie started off towards the riverbank.

"Whisper? Is it possible a Yo-kai was responsible for the ring disappearing?"

Whisper gave it some thought and said,

"Well, it is possible, but just try to remember that Bear might've just lost it without any Yo-kai influence. At least, I hope that's the case."

"We'll keep it in mind, Whisper. Trust us, we would be happy if a Yo-kai wasn't involved this time."

*****

They got to the riverbank and started looking under the benches for anything that looked like a ring. As they got close to the bench near the vending machines, they overheard a conversation between two women.

"A floating plate? Oh, please! Next, you'll saying you saw a flying saucer!"

"It's true! I saw a floating plate here in the river a few moments ago!"

"Well, I think you've been watching too much television. By the way, did you record last night's episode?"

The women left the area, still bickering over the floating plate.

"Hmm..."

Katie started tapping her foot as she was trying to remember something.

"Whisper? Kappas have plates on their heads and are considered Yo-kai, right?"

Whisper did a quick search and his eyes widened.

"Yes, Katie. I have to admit, I'm impressed! You've certainly done your homework!"

Katie beamed as she continued,

"She might've saw a kappa! We can ask the kappa if they've seen the missing ring around here!"

The group started to walk to one end of the riverbank when their Yo-kai Watches started going off near a sunflower.

"Okay, the Yo-kai Watches are saying that the kappa should be around here somewhere! Start searching!"

The light from the Yo-kai Watches shined on the sunflower and it revealed a sleeping blue duck-like Yo-kai with a water bottle around their neck, a gray plate on their head, and something resembling a lily pad under the plate.

"Is this really a kappa?"

Whisper searched it up and said,

"Oh! This is Walkappa! He's part of the kappa family, so yes."

Walkappa opened one of his eyes and gave a surprised yelp.

"Wait, you two can see me?!"

"Yes! Can we ask a favor of you?"