Nineteen

As i put the key on the door lock i can already hear my mother walking to the hall, i put my suitcase on the floor when i take a step inside the house and my mom runs trough me and hug me tight.

"Melanie i wasn't expecting you this early." She says, now looking at me and putting my straight dark brown hair between her fingers.

She is wearing jeans and a white shirt, she is barefoot now but i bet she had her black high heels on because that's the outfit she wears to her job everyday.

"Me neither." I reply to my mother who is still looking from my head to my feet, probably checking if doesn't miss any piece of me. I forgot to talk to my mother and tell her that we were coming early from this road trip. "Is Calum home?" I asked before i am surprised by my brother showing up at any moment.

"No, he is with Olivia." My mother answers me. By the look in her face she was about to scold me, i knew it. "I am glad he is with her." I said as my mother open her mouth to say something. I grab my suitcase and start to walk to my bedroom. I don't want to talk about that right now.

"Melanie! We need to talk. I am not going to argue with you just want to know why you didn't tell Calum that Olivia was looking for him and we also need to talk about the trip, i want to know how it was." She smiles and stirs my hair.

"Can i just go to my room for a while?" I ask her. I want to put everything in place, the clothes, the books, everything. She nods her head and i lead myself to my bedroom.

It's exactly how i left it when i went to this trip. Instead of put everything in place i lay on my bed and look at the ceiling.

I've been the last three days in a van with Ashton and Michael, getting back to our houses. We left California on Wednesday morning, and it's Friday now and i am home.

When Ashton parked the car in front of Michael's house to left his friend the only thing i thought about was the blond guy who was, probably, inside with a broken heart because of me. I can't stop feeling guilty about what i did, even if it was an drunk act, it still hurts. Should i call him and tell than we are back? Luke is in the same house as Michael so he already knows.

I have to do something to keep my head busy and not think in things that make me feel bad, like Luke or Calum. Yeah Calum, i have to deal with him later today.

I might have fell asleep because when i open my eyes it's night already and my mother is sat on the edge of my bed looking at me with a smile. I sat down in bed and rub my eyes.

"What time is it?" I question her.

"Almost 11pm." She stand up like her job was done here. "Your brother is with Ashton in the living room and the food is on the microwave." She kisses my forehead. "I am going to sleep now, tomorrow i have to go to the office but i'll be home by lunch time."

"Okay. Goodnight." I said with a smile.

"Mel?"

"Yes mom."

"Go there and talk to your brother honey, i hate seeing you booth mad at each other." She ask me to do it. I was planing in doing it sometime buy i am just scared, i think. I don't say a word and nod my head, my mother says goodnight and left the room with a smile.

Okay. Should i stay here and sleep again or go there eat and talk to Calum? Well i am hungry so i think i'll leave the room.

I stood up and walk to the dresser, i take some pyjama pants and a t-shirt and dress myself, then walk out of the room to the kitchen.

Ashton and Calum are playing some video game and don't even realise that i just walk tough the living room to the kitchen where the food is.

When i have the food ready i go to the table and set the plate on it and sat on the chair. I eat the pasta my mom made while i watch their game, they still don't realise i am here and, to be honest, i don't mind. I know Calum won't say a word to me anyway.

"Oh Mel! Hey." Ashton wave at me when he turns around to catch something that fell on the floor. "We haven't noticed you there."

"What are you doing here? Aren't you home sick?" I joke and he smiles at me.

"I've missed Calum." He laughs and sit next to my brother, Ashton hug his friend who tries to get off him.

"You wouldn't have miss me if her didn't ruined everything." Calum says in a cold tone.

"I already said sorry." I whisper and rolled my eyes. I am getting tired of this, it's been two weeks since he left the trip because of our argument. I tried to call him to text him, i said sorry already but he doesn't care.

"No need for that mate." Ashton taps Calum's back and stood up. He walk to me and kisses my head to greet me, going to the kitchen coming back with an apple in his hand.

"Yeah, you're right." Calum says turning around in the couch and looks at me. "I got over what you did already, i am fine with Olivia and it was actually thanks to the argument we had, because if it wasn't that i wouldn't had come back and had the greatest sex ever." He smirked at us two. Ashton is back on the couch and throw his head back as Calum finish what he just said.

"Please don't." I rolled my eyes and take my plate to go into the kitchen and put it on the sink. I don't know but Calum is sounding very sarcastic to me, i don't if it's good or bad.

"But Mel what happened with Luke?" He shouts at me and laughs. I knew that sarcastic Calum wasn't good. I don't leave the kitchen and try to ignore him. "Yeah right, you kissed another guy didn-" Ashton cuts him off and my heart aches at the thought of hurting Luke.

"Calum shut up!" His friend snapped at my brother.

"No! She needs to listen, she ruins everything."

"Calum! Come on dude stop it, she already knows that and as you said before if it wasn't that argument you and Olivia weren't together right now." Ashton responds in my defence.

"Ow how cute, you still like her don't you?" Calum said.

"What?" I came out of the kitchen to face the two guys.

"What the fuck Calum."

"Of course you didn't know, but he had this secret crush on you that he had to forget because you are or were in love with Luke." Calum spoke again. "But let's be honest here, right inside he must be relieved because you betray the other guy and not him." Ashton stood up and left the house without saying a word.

"Shut up!" I yell at my brother. "What's your point? Please tell me because i don't get it! I get it i ruined everything between me and Luke but please shut up i don't want to hear that right now." I yell at him again and when he opens is mouth to talk i cut him off. "I already said sorry to you and i don't see the reason why you still don't talk to me as before, everything is fine with you and Olivia now and i am happy if you're happy. But what happened with Luke it's between me and him and its not your fucking business." I am crying by now and when i turn around to go to my room i see my mother in her pyjamas. Great i woke up her!

"What is going on?" She questions booth of us but i don't answer her.

I run to my room and lock myself in.

***

I am on my bed when i feel someone shaking my shoulder and calling my name in a whisper. I open my eyes against my will because what i really want is sleep and try to forget what happened earlier.

"Mel? Are you awake?" Calum is next to me, shirtless sat on the edge of my bed. I nod. "I'm sorry i wake you but i couldn't sleep thinking about what i said to you before. Mel i am sorry i didn't meant anything i said. We booth made mistakes but you still my little sister and i love you." I listen to every word he said and in the end i hugged him tight, something i haven't done for a while.

I have missed my brother so much and knowing that we are fine now, it makes me feel much better.