Sixteen//Luke

As i take my first step inside the bar i try to put that tragic day away from my mind. Mel holds my hand and lead us to the place where Ashton and Michael are.
After a few minutes standing i sat on the stool, that's now free because Michael left. I try to stay calm as much as i can but it's getting difficult, i am completely alone. Melanie and Ashton are right next to me talking with each other, she's drinking and the last time she said something to me was to ask me if i wanted something to drink, i said no, i don't like to drink, alcohol brings bad episodes to me.
I came here with her, because i want to get over it, because i want to be capable of showing her that i can do what she wants. She told she would help me, but since that the only thing she did was tell me to come here. But i don't mind, she has her own problems and she needs me more than i need her. What happened to me was at three years ago and i am slowly getting over that, but her fight with Calum was pretty recent and even she's smiling and having a good time, i know that deep inside she's hurt because she loves her brother a lot. 

It took me more ten minutes to realising that Mel and Ashton had completely forgot about me. I don't know what i am doing here, sat looking at people who are dancing to the sound of the music. I stand up in hope that any of them will see me and stop me, but it doesn't happen. I walk in direction of the front door of this place and when i am on my way i see Michael making out with some girl that i've never seen before. Michael is the reason why i am here in America and i feel like i haven't thanked him enough for that. It's because of him that i've met Mel and feel in love with her. But not everything is good, because of this trip i still have no college to go to. I don't want to go back to Sidney, to that house where my brother blames me for my father death and my mother puts pressure on me because of the grades. I am happy here, i have friends now and i found love again.
I am finally outside and the first thing i do is take a deep breath and go to some grocery store to buy a bottle of water. My heart is beating really fast, i feel my back cover in sweat and my hands are shaking. This isn't good i need to take my pill for panic attacks or i'll go crazy right here, right now. I haven't had one in a year or so, usually i feel like this when i am surrounded by a lot of people or driving, but that's not a problem anymore because i can drive again because of her. She's the reason why i am getting better with people.
After what happened with Alexa and my dad i literally stopped talking to people who i didn't knew, i just went to school and then got back home without saying a word the whole day. Obviously that changed, i started to get out with my friends and that was when the panic attacks started, i couldn't leave home, got in a car or being around a lot of people without freaking out. My mom got me a therapist and she made me took these pills to get better, it took me a while to those panic attacks to stop but it finally happened but i never was the same Luke as i was before the accident.
When i got the water i swallow the pills and sat on the ground against some wall and waited to feel better.

"Yes?" I asked when i answered the phone who was vibrating in my pocket. "Mom?" Last time i talked to her was two weeks ago, we argued because of a obvious reason, college, i just hope that this call doesn't end like that because i don't feel like argue with my mother right now.

"Yes Luke, it's me. Don't you have the ID on your phone when i call you?" She asked me with a little of enjoyment in her voice. That's weird because my mom never tells a joke, since my father's death. She was always a strong woman because of me and my brother, and i look up to her because of that.

"Yeah i do but-" My mother cut me off.

"Is everything alright?" She asked me. "How's that girl, Melissa. Is that her name?" I spoke to her once about Melanie and by the way i talked, my mother assumed that i was in love with her, what is true.

"Melanie." I correct her. "Yeah she's fine." I am taking all this talking on the phone very weird, my mom just doesn't call me to know how my friends are. "But why are you asking?"