Chapter 5

Luke's POV

I look over at Michael as he parks the car outside the restaurant. The rain falls lightly around the car but I couldn't care, all that mattered was having fun tonight.

I watch Michael get out and quickly walk to my side of the car, helping me out. I give him a warm smile and follow him into the small venue rather quickly to get out the rain.

"Under the name, Clifford" Michael tells the short Chinese woman when we enter the restaurant.

There is a few couples and families having dinner but none really acknowledging us, the middle-aged woman leads us to a table near the back, causing a wave of relief to fly through me.

"Thank you" I say quietly to the woman, taking a menu from her and take no time to order my drink as does Michael.

"I'll be right back with your drinks and to take your orders" she says without a sign of enthusiasm. I choose to ignore it and stare at Michael as he looks at himself through the spoon placed on the table, I chuckle and look away as he placed the spoon down, obviously not expecting me to see.

"So.." He mutters, looking through the menu.

"What are you having?" He asks me and I take one last look at the menu before standing it up away from me.

"I'm going to just have noodles" I smile and he does too.

"Okay, I'll have the same"

I nod my head and the lady soon returns with our drinks, taking our orders almost instantly and disappearing behind the doors to the kitchen.

I take the opportunity to look around, everyone is too engaged in their own conversations. My eyes stop moving when I spot a familiar looking girl.

Amber, that's who she is. But she's with an boy, and it's not Ashton. I raise an eyebrow and look back at Michael, he's spotted her too but he looks a little bit more horrified than I do.

"Mikey?" I mumble and he quickly looks away from the table and back to me.

"Do you know him?," I try to act casual but I sound like some detective.

"Ugh...Yeah. His names Daniel" I frown and look back at him, he spots me too and quickly look away.

"I think he's spotted us," I whisper and Michael's closes his eyes, Breathing in deeply.

"He's a dickhead,"

I look back at him, Disgust clear on my face. I stare a little more before he leads forward, wait, leans forward. They are fucking kissing. No way. Ashton's going to be heartbroken.

I look at Michael who couldn't care less as he sips at his drink, my face falls and he notices, placing the glass down.

"Amber and him have been fucking for years, don't know how Ashton hasn't found out yet,"

My eyes widen a little and I shake my head.

"Why haven't you told him?"

My curiously bites at me and Michael looks at me before speaking.

"Daniel has friends...friends that I've been hiding from. That's the last thing I want to do"

I lean forward a bit as my heart aches for Ashton. I look up to see the woman with our food, she places them down in front of us before disappearing again, I take no time to tuck in. I just want to get away now.

I finish half the food and groan, maybe eating before I came wasn't the best decision I've made.

"So, Luke. How hot is it in Australia?" Michael's asks and i smile at his effort to start a conversation.

"It's not as hot as people make it out to be, but pretty hot" I laugh and he does too.

"I could take you sometime," I smile and his eyes bright up as he nods.

"Sounds like a plan" he winks and finishes off his drink.

I look over to where Amber and that guy were, they are still there but talking between themselves. I look away and Michael puts money onto the table, my stomach turns and I go into my pocket, pulling out money from my pocket and throwing it onto the table, handing Michael his money.

"My dad has a good paying job. Don't splash your cash" I giggle and stand up as does he.

"Thanks" he whispers as he gets by my side and we head out the restaurant, making sure the woman knows the money is on the table before we do.

I get into the passenger seat and Michael gets into the drivers seat. It wasn't exactly aslong as I was expecting it to be, but I had fun. It was nice.

The drive back to my house will be long but I know I can handle it.

...

"We're here" I sit up and look out the window as Michael's voice snaps me up.

"This isn't my house," I whisper and rub my eyes.

"It's mine, fancy a movie and cuddle?" He nudges his elbow with mine and a blush creeps onto my cheek as I look over at him, his face is bright and I quickly nod.

I take no time to kick off my shoes and pull off my jacket when we're inside. I follow him into the lounge area and he hands me a blanket, I smile at him and we sit down.

At first I can sense the awkwardness but I roll my eyes, shifting extremely close to him and pulling the blanket tightly around us, my head is basically against his shoulder, which is difficult with my height.

He decides to put on the notebook, I've only seen this once and it knocked me to sleep. But the way I'm feeling right now I might manage to stay away.

My hopes claim to be false after I drift off to sleep, only a soft pair of lips on my forehead and the faint whisper of 'goodnight babe' is all I hear before I lead dreams take me away.

..

(CRAP CRAP CRAP UPDATE.

Sorry guys, it's late again in the UK + I just felt bad because I got so many reads. This is just a filler the best is yet to come, Amber is a cow oops.

I'm going to sleep now, bye)

@zippernouis on twitter (Erin)

VOTE+COMMENT